Philippine Made Belt Buckles

PhilippineBuckles

easterneagle87

Newly posted on ebay.  VINTAGE NAVY SUBMARINE BELT BUCKLE PLAYER AL HUGHES 1960 NAVY ORANGE BOWL

www.ebay.com/itm/175362473333?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

They are really proud of this one.

Submarine AL Hughes.jpg

easterneagle87
7 hours ago, PhilippineBuckles said:

USN Aviation Ordnance buckle that sold via ebay BIN on Sunday. 

155098730905a.jpg

Great buckle! Better price! 

easterneagle87

Finally touched down today. I posted these back on 03/20/22 in #689, but I didn't act on them. After letting them set for a minute I went ahead and contacted the seller. I made an offer for the four buckles he had posted and it was accepted.  After payment, they got back to me that one of the buckles had sold or they couldn't locate it.  No worries because I believe these were the best of the lot anyway and all dealing with Naval Aviation.

Two ships; USS Saratoga & USS Ike. The Sara buckle is from an earlier time as it is labeled, CVA and it had this designation from 10/52 to 06/72.  I already have an Indian Ocean '80 IKE, but the carving on this one is slightly different. 

The TRARON TWO is interesting, as I'm finding out it is a training squadron.  From wiki: Training Squadron 22 (VT-22) or TRARON TWO TWO, known as the Golden Eagles, callsign "Blazer", is a U.S. Navy strike jet training squadron stationed aboard Naval Air Station Kingsville, flying the T-45C Goshawk. The Golden Eagles are one of four strike jet training squadrons in operation today, and are under the command of Training Air Wing Two. 

IMG_0536 (2).JPG

easterneagle87

Recent sale on ebay. Pretty good Harley buckle, slightly different as this one has "M" & "C" at the 12 and 6 o'clock positions respectively,  

Harley Davidson MC oval 49.00.jpg

easterneagle87

Another VERY uncommon one. I did a search yesterday on the Philippines ebay page, and this came up listed in the UK.  Very similiar to the one posted by Hink441 in #144.  

Interesting to see there is more than one of these buckles floating around out there. Someone or the seller attempted to paint the EK and U-Boat black.

U-Boat rectangle UK.jpg

Hink's

Uboat.jpg

easterneagle87

Hit the road and headed south today to take in the Sacramento Antq St Fair. Always hoping for something and wasn't disappointed. One of the first tables I hit, I got a bite. Nice Late 60's to early 70's Boatswains buckle named to Robert G. Putnam.

I've learned to never discount the ladies jewelry tables, there are treasures hiding everywhere.     

IMG_5295.jpg

easterneagle87

Did some more walking and poking AND BINGO, found buckle number two! Got this one from the same dealer I got the buckle from in post #684.  Usually, he is pretty proud of his stuff, but today he was in the mood to deal. Felt fortunate to bring home two decent buckles. 

Really clean carving and the gold coloring is coming out nicely. USN logo and named to LOU STA ELENA  

RenderedImage.JPG

easterneagle87

Three recently posted buckles on ebay within the last day

1.  US Coast Guard Squadron 1, Vietnam 

USCG Vietnam Squadron 1.jpg

2. Engineman, China, P.I. Japan dual framed palms from the same seller as above.

Engineman Mate China PI Jap Palms.jpg

2 hours ago, easterneagle87 said:

Up and GONE! on a OBO. Congrats!  

Nice Naval Aviator and leather tag, J. Chris Jensen

Naval aviator Jensen 49.99 OBO.jpg

Here is another one to the same Aviator. 

32615627-378D-4006-ACC3-D200F3F82FBE.jpeg

easterneagle87

Two Philippines San Miguel Beer buckles offered by separate sellers just up on ebay now. Pretty, but Too pricey at around $50 each. Actually makes me thirsty. 😄

San Miguel oval #4.jpg

San Miguel oval #5.jpg

easterneagle87

Buckle #2 in the above post is being offered by the same seller who has the;

Vintage 51 US NAVY Nuclear Submarine Pride in Proficiency Brass Belt Buckle, that has been sitting FOREVER on ebay.  That one started at $125 and is now down to $40

Naval Nuclear Pride Proficiency $125.jpg

easterneagle87

Someone got a true gem on this on, USCGC Burton Island, Operation Deep Freeze, Antarctic.

I really like the subject matter of this buckle. Congrats to the buyer!  

From wiki: USS Burton Island (AG-88) was a United States Navy Wind-class icebreaker that was later recommissioned in the United States Coast Guard as the USCGC Burton Island (WAGB-283). She was named after an island near the coast of Delaware.

USCGC Burtonis Op Deep Freeze Antactic.jpg

easterneagle87

Here is one I just noticed, Navy Chief Petty Officer, with grades E-7, E-8 and E-9

Sure looks PI carved, but it has a swivel back loop. I haven't seen any that are swivel. All I've seen are solid welded loops. What are your guys' thoughts?   

US Navy Chief Petty Officer 7 8 9 face.jpg

US Navy Chief Petty Officer 7 8 9 rear.jpg

Chief Petty Officer.jpg

PhilippineBuckles

I'm 99% sure the Chief Petty Officer buckle was engraved in Korea based on this Team Spirit 1988 buckle

PS --  I was the winner on the USCGC Burton Island, Operation Deep Freeze, Antarctic buckle.  How can one say no to engraved Penguins, a Seahorse, and Poseidon... :-) 

Picture1.jpg

easterneagle87
39 minutes ago, PhilippineBuckles said:

I'm 99% sure the Chief Petty Officer buckle was engraved in Korea based on this Team Spirit 1988 buckle

PS --  I was the winner on the USCGC Burton Island, Operation Deep Freeze, Antarctic buckle.  How can one say no to engraved Penguins, a Seahorse, and Poseidon... :-) 

Picture1.jpg

I totally AGREE!! Congrats! 

easterneagle87
On 8/29/2022 at 6:01 PM, PhilippineBuckles said:

Picture1.jpg

Totally agree with these being Korean made. Here is further proof. Not to get off topic, but here is one Kappa Alpha Psi , along with 2 US Army in Korea buckles currently up on ebay. 

Kappa Alpha 2.jpg

Kappa Alpha 1.jpg

easterneagle87

This was a late night score / find that popped up. I threw them an offer and they accepted.

I really like the engraving on this buckle. Subic Bay , Machinist Mate, Palm and Hut 

Subic Bay Machinist Mate 37.54.JPG