Philippine Made Belt Buckles

PhilippineBuckles

vforvictory1945

Here's a unique one on Liveauctioneers in a lot:  https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/127585643_us-army-armored-corps-and-cavalry-custom-belts

Here's a different lot with an 80's PI tank buckle and some interesting earlier looking US Cavalry buckles: https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/127585667_us-army-custom-made-and-novelty-cavalry-belt-buckles.

The link to the lot that Easterneagle87 referenced above is here: https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/124740140_navy-marine-corps-naval-academy-belt-buckle-lot-of-10-sterling

PI CAVALRY BUCKLE.png

easterneagle87

Good eye Ryan! I looked at one of these auctions, but typed in belt buckle and not just belt so I missed the other one of the auctions as well. 

So the 1st CAV was in the Pacific / Philippines in WW2 so the buckle posted above in #726 makes sense.

The USS Swordfish buckle or one just like it was previously listed on ebay and shown in post #249. I posted the pic but mis-labeled it as West Pac 85. It was actually '86.

Now the "LSU-E, Just Passing Through" buckle was also previously posted on ebay and shown in post #367. This buckle was put up by an armor museum on the East Coast as a fund raiser. Maybe these two lots are by the same museum again.    

easterneagle87
3 hours ago, vforvictory1945 said:

Here's a unique one on Liveauctioneers in a lot:  https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/127585643_us-army-armored-corps-and-cavalry-custom-belts

Here's a different lot with an 80's PI tank buckle and some interesting earlier looking US Cavalry buckles: https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/127585667_us-army-custom-made-and-novelty-cavalry-belt-buckles.

The link to the lot that Easterneagle87 referenced above is here: https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/124740140_navy-marine-corps-naval-academy-belt-buckle-lot-of-10-sterling

PI CAVALRY BUCKLE.png

USMC Amtrak.jpg

easterneagle87

Two more off of searches on Pintrest.

USS Camden, AOE-2

USS Camden AOE-2.jpg

P-3C Orion, Flight Engineer, Ron Newman

Orion P-3C Newman Flight Eng.jpg

easterneagle87
14 hours ago, easterneagle87 said:

Two more off of searches on Pintrest.

USS Camden, AOE-2

USS Camden AOE-2.jpg

P-3C Orion, Flight Engineer, Ron Newman

Orion P-3C Newman Flight Eng.jpg

Or is the plane above a Neptune? 

10 minutes ago, easterneagle87 said:

Or is the plane above a Neptune? 

It’s a Navy P-3 Orion. 

Chris

easterneagle87
7 minutes ago, hink441 said:

It’s a Navy P-3 Orion. 

Chris

That's what my gut initially thought. But then I started questioning myself. It does appear to show 2 engines on the right wing or is it just a bad carving. Two other items made me question, the wing tip fuel tanks and a more bobulous(sp?) defined cockpit. I do believe this is a new style of buckle (60s-70s) and not the carving style when the Neptune was in service. 

PhilippineBuckles

I compulsively bought the Kim Texas buckle....  Thanks for the call out Ben. 

Does anyone know what "LSU-E" stands for on the USMC oval  in post #728 above?

Here is a sibling to the 1945 1st Calvary buckle I picked up years ago...

Picture1.jpg

easterneagle87

This USS MIAMI, SSN-755 - PLANKOPWNER buckle totally flew under the radar. I got a heads up from Ryan but was on vacation and didn't look at too many messages. If this is correct, it sold for .01 plus shipping. Congrats to whomever on a super deal! 

USS Miami SSN 755.jpg

PhilippineBuckles

I picked up the USS Miami buckle.  The seller listed it as auction starting a 1 cent with make and offer.  Rather than putting in a bid to kill the make an offer option, I offered $25 and we settled on $30.  The seller told me the buckle belonged to his brother-in-law "Harold Cannon jr. [who] was a plankowner on the Miami, he was a nuclear reactor shutdown operator. The boat and my brother in law were stationed in Groton, late 80’s early 90’s. He did all the shakedown cruises."

Given that USS Miami was commissioned on 30 June 1990, the buckle was made "late in the game" with Mount Pinatubo erupting on 15 June 1991 and the American flag being lowered at Subic Bay Naval Base for the last time on 24 November 1992.

easterneagle87

Pointed out to me by vforvictory1945, a USMC buckle within the lot of several other buckles currently offered on the 'bay.   

Moderators, please orientate the pictures correctly.

USMC lot 0510 1.jpg

USMC lot 0510 2.jpg

easterneagle87

Newly posted on ebay, Philippine carved buckle with khaki belt.

US Navy AIO Dick Chandler. Listing says the vet served in WW2 it's posted as 1945 , but I really think it is much later.

Decent buckle, pricey at $110.97 or make an offer.   

Chandler AIO USN.jpg

Chandler AIO USN 2.jpg

easterneagle87

As shown in posts #610 and #680, The pair of HEATH buckles are back up on ebay at $79.99 for the pair with FREE shipping.  

Heath Pair.jpg

easterneagle87

A couple of oval name buckles that have been posted over on the 'bay.  "BOWEN" and "ALAN" with a nice dragon on it. I made an offer on the Alan was accepted. 

Bowen.jpg

Alan Dragon.jpg

easterneagle87
56 minutes ago, hink441 said:

What a deal!! At least he has free shipping. 

8947E209-185F-407F-82AA-563EEBB237B1.jpeg

WOW! Wonder if this guy is wearer of the "button" and a triple ace as well. I checked his stuff and he is pretty proud of what he's got. I dropped him a note. I'll probably get a "thank you - but I know what I'm doing" or "opinions are for a$$ h...." It is a pretty little thing. 😁

vforvictory1945

Geez - I think that Ebay guy needs to kick the decimal over one spot to the left.

14 hours ago, vforvictory1945 said:

Easterneagle87 - That AIO buckle has to be 1960's in vintage.

I agree looks like a buckle from the 60s.

“ AIO” is an Aviation Intelligence Officer in the Navy. 

Chris

PhilippineBuckles

Searching completed ebay auctions, I found this dragon buckle which sold on 3-31-22 for only $20

Picture1.jpg

easterneagle87
On 5/19/2022 at 4:42 PM, easterneagle87 said:

WOW! Wonder if this guy is wearer of the "button" and a triple ace as well. I checked his stuff and he is pretty proud of what he's got. I dropped him a note. I'll probably get a "thank you - but I know what I'm doing" or "opinions are for a$$ h...." It is a pretty little thing. 😁

STOP THE PRESSES!!! It's down to $575 now! What a bargain!!