Celebrities who collect militaria or are military history buffs.

patches

Kind of a off the wall topic, but something that I and I,m sure others might find interesting, are there any? I know Lemmy from the Band Motörhead collects or collected German militaria, of course he's labeled as a Nazi like all persons really who collect German WWII stuff even WWI stuff. Former NY Mets Great Keith Hernandez is into American Civil War history, also if you can believe Charlie Watts of the Rollings Stones is a American Civil War nut, he even collects from what I understand. Anymore that anybody knows of?

vostoktrading

Johnny Cash and his family came into the Military Shop of Hawaii when I worked there as a clerk back in the 1980's.

He bought some WW2 German stuff. He seemed to know his subject.

He was very nice to our staff, friendly, dignified. He and his family made a good impression on everyone in the store.

Jon.

post-7885-0-98597500-1352237121.jpg

A Philadelphia PA area collector/dealer once told me that Andrew Wyeth and his son James (artists) were both collectors of Third Reich, SS and Hitler items. One or both also paid well for spiked helmets and some kaiser era things.

vintageproductions

We have quite a few celebrities and musicians to come to us to find items for them. They do this so their names don't get blasted all over the internet about what they buy.

Dee Dee was supposedly big on nazi stuff. Did he start collecting when he grew up in Germany ? Today your love, tomorrow the World ! :lol:

vostoktrading

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar co authored (with poet Anthony Walton) a good history of the 761st Tank Battalion

"Brothers in Arms, the Epic Story of the 761st Tank Battalion".

I read it. It was good.

I used to see him walking around the Great Western Gun Show in Pomona.

He was interested in US Militaria.

post-7885-0-24447000-1352243295.jpg

post-7885-0-60306200-1352243348.jpg

Patrick J. Buchanan:

"Recent collection:

I’ve started collecting commemorative firearms. None of them have ever been fired. Among others, I’ve got James Bond’s Walther PPK, a Thompson submachine gun and Gen. George Patton’s six-shooter."

Jeff Hanneman from Slayer is a TR collector.

Jeff excuse my lack of knowlege of certain collecting abreviations, but what is TR collecting, it will probably be sometrhing I know or SHOULD know :lol:

Phil Collins is a big Alamo fan. In fact he authored a recent book. I guess Alamo collectibles would class as U.S. Militaria.

Sure, that as well as it being considered Americana. What's his book about?

Jeff excuse my lack of knowlege of certain collecting abreviations, but what is TR collecting, it will probably be sometrhing I know or SHOULD know :lol:

Third Reich (WWII German / Nazi) stuff

The only thing that comes to mind when I see that picture of Heston's collection are expletives... it makes you want to cry tears of joy...

That's what I seeing, He appears to have aquired all the military small arms, machine guns and with some tube weapons thrown in, not to mention a couple of flamethrowers used in the 20th Century, I wonder what will become of this stuff, donation to museums?

Oh, I see I goofed big time, I posted the one image view twice, here the other view.

post-34986-0-50389900-1352258069_thumb.jpg