WWII USMC Grouping 4th Marine Div.

USMC-RECON0321

Really neat! What was his name and where is he mentioned in the book?

It is Ray and Roberta Kincaid. Ray's daughter has told me that it is her mom's sister and husband in that photo seated next to her mom and dad. This sister-in-law's husband shown here was a navy veteran.

My apologies for not responding sooner. He is in the list of Company G’s KIAs. His name is Homer Kreischer and he was killed on Saipan. Here is a link to a post that I started on him

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6337-homer-c-kreischer/page__hl__kreischer

As a side note, I heard from a Marine who went through boot camp with him, served with him in Company G and was with him when he was killed.

Yes, the least expensive I could find it was $44 on Amazon. Just never saw it less expensive and bought it before I would regret not buying it.

LF

• 9 months later...
American Heritage

UPDATE:

Received a small box of paperwork from the daughter of Sgt. Kincaid and a nice Christmas card too.

I am still going through the papers but some neat things in the lot include postcards to his wife from his training which was with "Scout and Sniper School, Rifle Range Bn, Camp Lejeune, NC, New River, NC" The daughter had told me that Carl attended Scout Sniper training but there was nothing in his NPRC file to indicate this. The return address shows the S/S training. Also, a photo of the wife and some original Western Union telegrams plus the original letter home reporting his being wounded on Iwo Jima.

A really nice Christmas present to receive in the mail!!

post-10864-0-86270800-1388176526.jpg

American Heritage

pic of his wife in front of some cabins on a lake in Ohio they would later own - the daughter remembered being there a lot in the summers. The scene also seems to be the same place as the one with the wife and her dog that he carried in his Bible in the Pacific. See the earlier posts to see that photo.

post-10864-0-05218800-1388180180.jpg

American Heritage

Here is the final Western Union telegram received by his wife - November 8, 1945. A happy one to get. Coming Home! Return to Cincinnati, Ohio from Washington D.C. They would then dine at the Hotel Netherland Plaza as reflected by the caption on the photo of the party at the dinner table I previously posted of his return in Cinci.

Hope you enjoyed looking at these moments in time!

post-10864-0-28802900-1388180748.jpg

I love the Scout Sniper School reference.

You say there is nothing in his records ?

Could it be that he didn't pass ?

From the correspondence you can figure the time he was there.

What do the records say he was doing during that time ?

Great group.

• 5 months later...
ViewfinderGyrene

The thing that amazes me most, isn't just that you've found a completely intact footlocker group, but that Bible....that's just pricelessly emotional :excl:

• 1 month later...
American Heritage

Here's an update...

Got the framed effects back this week and the work is excellent.

The only problem is the frame is HUGE! Where am I going to hang this?

It honors the ww2 service of Sgt Kincaid and displays portions if the book.

post-10864-0-23485000-1407286015.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

fantastic the forrest green is marvellous where do you from this grouping ? it's a original Suitcase? this is my dream your grouping do you have a name of soldier

thanks for the sharing

mARIO