WWII USMC Grouping 4th Marine Div.

USMC-RECON0321

Kurt Barickman

Also, if somebody out there has the 4th Division Red set of books, he is probably in there since he appears to have been an original to the division and that will tell you what company and regiment he served with in the 4th USMC Division.

Kurt

Corpsmancollector

Really nice Marine trunk grouping, look forward to seeing further research on this one. Quite the time capsule!

Will

First, fantastic purchase! Its a dream to find a Marine Division trunk grouping, it just doesn't get better than that!

I believe this might be our marine on the USMC causality list, let me know if this rings a bell.

Lots of great 4th Marine Division items right now on USMF!

Thanks for sharing!

Leonardo

post-20589-1333465382.png

USMC-RECON0321
First, fantastic purchase! Its a dream to find a Marine Division trunk grouping, it just doesn't get better than that!

I believe this might be our marine on the USMC causality list, let me know if this rings a bell.

Lots of great 4th Marine Division items right now on USMF!

Thanks for sharing!

Leonardo

I just found an Obit on Sgt Kincaid

Carl Raymond Kincaid

Carl Raymond "Ray" Kincaid, 78, of Centerville, formerly of Middletown, died Friday, Sept. 30, 2000 at Manor Care in Centerville. He was born in May 8, 1922 in West Middletown, a son of the late Edward "Ned" and Elsie (Spencer) Kincaid. Mr. Kincaid worked for 34 years as a senior sales representative for Dayton Machine Tool Co., retiring in 1984. He was a real estate agent for 10 years with Irongate Inc. Realtors, retiring in 1988. He was a member of the Dayton Masonic Lodge 147 from 1955 to 1998, (Antioch Temple) Shrine member and was an active member of the Humane Society and the Audubon Society. The West Middletown native was a 1940 graduate of Middletown High School and worked at Armco Steel in Middletown before joining our World War II efforts. Mr. Kincaid then enlisted in the U.S. Marine Corps in 1942, completed his training at Camp Lejeune, N.C., and then served with the Fourth Division in the Marshall Islands. This division conquered the Marshalls, Tinian and Iwo Jima. Sgt. Kincaid was awarded the purple heart and bronze star for action on Iwo Jima. There he boldly exposed himself to intense enemy fire and skillfully led his platoon, saved them from an enemy trap and advanced them toward their objective. Mr. Kincaid was preceded in death by his parents; a brother, Lester Kincaid, who died in 1982 and a sister, Betty Kincaid, who died in 1993. He is survived by his wife, Roberta M. (Stults) Kincaid; a daughter, Mona Kincaid, a retired military officer and a sister, Thelma K. Turvey. ARRANGEMENTS: Visitation is noon to 2 p.m. Tuesday at Joseph Baker-Stevens Funeral Home. Funeral services are 2 p.m. at Woodside Cemetery. MEMORIALS: Memorial contributions can be made to the Humane Association of Butler County, 5225 Hamilton-Trenton Road, Trenton, 45067. Ray Kincaid was a devoted husband and father, who actively supported many

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Top notch set to a gallant marine !! Really nice !!!

Thanks for showing !!

Vic

Brian Dentino

What a great find. Like D said, finding unmolested USMC trunk groupings are very difficult to find anymore! Very nice pick up! :thumbsup:

American Heritage

great trunk grouping! so glad to see this post. Not common to see the BS and PH together as others have noted. Really cool stuff and the kind of history we love. if you ever want to sell or trade, I'd be interested. is that shameless enough of a request?

• 2 months later...
American Heritage

Sgt Kincaid photo in SRB. Seems to match the photo of the man standing in front of the camp fire earlier in the thread...opinions??

post-10864-1340856047.jpg