My Dad Passed Away-Need Help With his Dress Blues USMC

uplandmod

Hello Everyone,

This is difficult to say but my father, Daniel Flores, Viet Nam Vet (1965-1967)Corporal of the 1st MarDiv, passed away on Tuesday morning after a long illness. It happened suddenly and it was a shock to his friends and family.

He wanted to be buried in USMC Dress Blues and actually bought a jacket but I didn't bother to look at it until yesterday and it is too small.

We are planning to bury him next week sometime, we are still arranging the time.

I was able to find a few of the items locally but I'm still missing some pieces for his Dress Blues that he's going to be buried in.

I plan to visit Kaiser Bills tomorrow to find some items.

Does anybody know of any places locally were I can pick up some of the followings items or if anybody has any of these items that you sell and send to us priority I would appreciate it.

Here is the list:

Dress Blues Jacket Size 42 or 44

Dress Blues pants size 36

Large Gold EGA for Visor Hat

Pair of matching Collar Gold EGA

Latch for the large white belt/EGA Belt Buckle( I have the belt and Buckle)

USMC Sword I'm not sure if a sword would go with this ensemble.

Please PM me if you have any suggestions or if you have any of these items or know where to buys these locally.

I live in the Ontario CA area, but willing to drive out to pick up items

Thank you everyone I will put some links here of his service from past threads.

LF

LF,

Unfortunately I do not have any of the items that you need. I just wanted to offer you my sincere condolences on your Father's passing.

Sorry for your loss - Have you tried to contact the local Marine Corps League Detachment - they may be able to assist.

Bill

dan_the_hun84

I'm sorry for your loss. God bless and best of all luck in your search. Wish I could help.

Dan

501stGeronimo

I am very sorry for your loss. May God be with you and your family. I am checking thru my blues right now. I hope i can find something so that it will make it easier for you. I will keep you and your family in my prayers, you Father im sure was a great and honorable man! Im sending you the Fourragère and EGA's they will go out tomorrow! God Bless!!

Thank you everyone, he was an incredible father and Marine

I already found the collar EGA, thank you!

LF

my deepest condolences from another vietnam vet. i did the same thing for my dad, a WW2 vet, when he went. by the time he left us, his last uniform fit once more. i commend you for the effort to fulfill his wishes.

I as well send my sincere and deepest sympathy to you and the family.

I have walked in your shoes.Long days are in store for you.Remeber the good times,Your father...your best friend.

Best Wishes Leonardo

I'm very sorry for your loss. Kaiser Bill's sounds like a good bet. I seem to remember that Golden West Surplus in Monrovia has a fair amount of Dress Blue pants with Blood Stripes.

All the best.

manayunkman

I understand your loss having lost my mother.

It takes time.

Staying busy was important as it kept my mind focused on other things besides my loss.

Sometimes I forgot about my pain.

As time went on I started to find meaning in it and it helped me to keep important relationships first.

Pretty sure that God plucked my mom out just in time because she could not have handled what came next.