Norman D. Landing

bilko1

General Apathy
I AM SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I was there with y'all.....Kat

funny that, we were all wishing we over there down in the gulf of Mexico eating tex-mex and fresh caught seafood from a seashore restaurant. :think: :thumbsup: ;)

ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, October 25 2010.

Whoopeeeeeee it was me, hey 517th I got to the 100 pages of posts you were wondering when we would hit, October 24 2010 :thumbsup: :lol::lol:

ken

Hi Ken,

Do they have Lotto in France? Play one for me! :lol:

Congratulations! :D

"...Mr Sabrejets camera has thrown a wobbly and..."

A wobbly? :w00t:

Now that's something I've never heard in that context. What does it mean? :think:

I've only heard that as a wobbly wheel. :lol:

Oh and,

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I missed reply # 2,000! :crybaby:

craig_pickrall

Ken, I sincerely apologize for my perceived bad behavior in commenting on your advancing age. I also my sorry for showing concern about your mobility in this advanced state. I am also sorry for reminding you not to overindulge in alcohol while around such a huge fire that all those birthday candles can create especially if you have your O2 bottle present. I really do hope you have a great Birthday however.

craig_pickrall

PS, tell Ian that those new compact high res cameras are great. They sell for less than $200 here and do as well as our high priced Canon digital SLR that cost 5 times as much. It will make his trip much more enjoyable not having to worry about his wobbly.

PS, tell Ian that those new compact high res cameras are great. They sell for less than $200 here and do as well as our high priced Canon digital SLR that cost 5 times as much. It will make his trip much more enjoyable not having to worry about his wobbly.

Hi Craig...it is a hi-res compact of.... Japanese origin...and a fairly recent purchase at that! The zoom has malfunctioned and will neither retract or expand :mad: Not so good when it's only day one!!

Ian :crying:

Now that's something I've never heard in that context. What does it mean? :think:

Oh and,

Hi Tamura. "A wobbly" in this context means SNAFU'd!!

Ian

Johan Willaert
Mention was made by Mrs Sabrejet to Ian that he should take some cookery lessons from me, for whe they return home. :w00t: :blink:

Just made a note NOT to bring my wife to your place for dinner.... :think:

craig_pickrall
Hi Craig...it is a hi-res compact of.... Japanese origin...and a fairly recent purchase at that! The zoom has malfunctioned and will neither retract or expand :mad: Not so good when it's only day one!!

Ian :crying:

Probably got some of that Normandy sand lodged in the wobbly gear then. Isn't there a camera / photo shop close by that can give it a good look?

Probably got some of that Normandy sand lodged in the wobbly gear then. Isn't there a camera / photo shop close by that can give it a good look?

Hi Craig. It's fully insured against any mishap/malfunction back in the UK. It'll have to wait till I return. Meanwhile, I'll borrow Ken's tomorrow as I'm going to the American Cemetary at St Laurent to pay my respects. Thereafter I'll buy a couple of 35mm disposables to see me through the week and will scan the results oto my PC. Today was a day of culture at Mont St Michel, though we did stop at some German bunker complexes en route.

Au revoir!

Ian

Chunky Monkey

Camera or no camera, I would love to get over there some day! Of course I will bring my camera!!! :D

Enjoy your week saberjet!

General Apathy
Hi Ken,

Do they have Lotto in France? Play one for me! :lol:

Congratulations! :D

Hi Gunnbarrel, no I don't do the lotto, so sadly for me but might be even sadder for the anonymous British player who won the 113 million euros ( 178 million USD ) two weeks ago, spending a million a year he ain't got 113 years of life left to spend it. Just in a normal bank account he will be possibly earning interest of 10,000 euros a day :w00t:

Just think if it was me and I had won the 113 million and I gave all the forum friends a cash gift I would still have 100 million left :w00t: :think:

ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, October 27 2010.

General Apathy

Oh and,

Hi Tamura, yep sorry to say that Sabrejet threw a wobbler over his camera throwing a wobbly and he ain't been the same since, spoilt his ability to be shooting eveything that stands or moves if you follow my drift, he was planning on going home with thousands of images. :think:

ken

General Apathy
Ken, I sincerely apologize for my perceived bad behavior in commenting on your advancing age. I also my sorry for showing concern about your mobility in this advanced state. I am also sorry for reminding you not to overindulge in alcohol while around such a huge fire that all those birthday candles can create especially if you have your O2 bottle present. I really do hope you have a great Birthday however.

Hi Craig, don't worry I fully understand your unmittigated and envious attack on my age and abilities, it's what friends do to one another, now don't forget to send my birthday card and check you aged and wisen old Fart. :console: :bye1:

ken

General Apathy
Have a fine stay in Normandy.

It beats being locked up in an office 8 hours a day ....

Erwin

Hi Erwin, I am pleased that you used the word locked up and never said tied up :w00t: this is a family forum. ;)

ken

General Apathy
Just made a note NOT to bring my wife to your place for dinner.... :think:

ooopps another happy customer, think of this laterally :think: see wives want to change you, they wish that you would do some of the nice things for them like cooking them a meal and being considerate etc. :blink:

As I already do all the cooking and I am ' considerate ' then to change me they would want to do all this for me,

you have to think differently sometimes :rolleyes::lol::lol:

ken

Misanthropic_Gods

You got the 100th page AND post number 2000.....maybe you SHOULD be playing the lotto

Keep it up mate, this thread is just outstanding..lots of good banter, history and pictures!

General Apathy
Camera or no camera, I would love to get over there some day! Of course I will bring my camera!!! :D

Enjoy your week saberjet!

Hi Kevin, I made breakfast this morning for Ian and Mrs Sabrejet, cereals, toast with home made plum preserve, OJ and coffee, they have now left and heading for Pointe du Hoc, Omaha beach and cemetery and their hotel for the next two nights at Port en Bessin. :lol:

As Ian has posted we visited le Mon St Michel yesterday and I took photo's of the Sabrejets which I will try and process and post a few this evening.

They also left with my camera to use for the next two days. :lol:

Well must get off and pack some tools I am off to try and help a friends son repair his scooter.

ken

Hi Erwin, I am pleased that you used the word locked up and never said tied up :w00t: this is a family forum. ;)

ken

:lol: :laughing1:

For what's it worth, I do like coming here and read the posts.

Keep up the good work.

Erwin

Chunky Monkey
:lol: :laughing1:

For what's it worth, I do like coming here and read the posts.

Keep up the good work.

Erwin

Exactly the same for me!! :D

ooopps another happy customer, think of this laterally :think: see wives want to change you, they wish that you would do some of the nice things for them like cooking them a meal and being considerate etc. :blink:

As I already do all the cooking and I am ' considerate ' then to change me they would want to do all this for me,

you have to think differently sometimes :rolleyes::lol::lol:

ken

Ken,

This was priceless! You are always thinking on your feet!

...Kat

General Apathy

post-344-1288197521.jpg

As Ian has posted we visited le Mon St Michel yesterday and I took photo's of the Sabrejets which I will try and process and post a few this evening.

ken

So Members, Readers and Freinds.

Here are Ian and Mrs Sabrejet on the road leading out to the island of Le Mon St Michel ;) , will process a few others later for your delight :think: :lol:

ken

craig_pickrall

Ken, I know from previous posts that you own a castle. Is that it in the background?

Great looking couple by the way.