Norman D. Landing

bilko1

General Apathy

post-344-1287689582.jpg

At the rate you men can throw around the B.S., I am figuring it will be today! :lol:;)

Let me get my shovel in hand.... :lol:

...Kat

Hi Kat, another item from out of the shoebox a QMC device for loading corn into the front end of the B.S. machine, I figure I'll let the other fella's take it out the rear end and load it onto here. :twothumbup:

p.s. something out the shoebox that the cavalry boys might like to see. :think:

ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, October 21 2010.

Hi Jack's Son, evidently you missed my comment several pages back, that I was going to call it a day at 400,000 hits, just about 11,000 to go to get there, can y'all feel that slight breeze a'picking up. :bye1:

ken

Quit at 400.000 posts. Please don't even think about it :crybaby: Unless your as old and feeble as thaey say. Then I would understand :think:

:think: :dunno: Robert

Quit at 400.000 posts. Please don't even think about it :crybaby: Unless your as old and feeble as thaey say. Then I would understand :think:

Robert,

Don't play into his hands, he only wants attention. :P

General Apathy

post-344-1287695189.jpg

Unless your as old and feeble as thaey say. Then I would understand :think:

Hi Robert, well probably not as old and feeble yet as some might like to think, but I have been doing this stuff for some years now.

Here's one of the few photo's I have that I can find from my teenage years when we had a Jeep display team performing at country shows. We used to perform through flaming obstacles, this one is climbing over bales of petrol soaked hay. Surfing on a Jeep shovel towed behind a Jeep through the flames, hanging horizontal with feet on the front bumper bar and a rope through the grill to hang onto and stay in the horizontal position through the flames. ;)

A dozen Jeeps racing around in figures of eight and passing at speed through the centre of the eight and hopefully timing it to miss one another ( but not always ) :w00t: . Another episode in a life packed with great fun. :lol:

ken

General Apathy
Don't play into his hands, he only wants attention. :P

( A QMC device for loading corn into the front end of the B.S. machine, I figure I'll let the other fella's take it out the rear end and load it onto here. )

Hee-Hee it worked, I set the B.S. up and Jack's Son you unloaded it and posted it on here :thumbsup:

ken

Hi Kat, another item from out of the shoebox a QMC device for loading corn into the front end of the B.S. machine, I figure I'll let the other fella's take it out the rear end and load it onto here. :twothumbup:

Ken,

This is the first post I look at every morning because you ALWAYS make me laugh! I hope you get another 400,000 posts! :thumbsup:

...Kat

At the rate you men can throw around the B.S., I am figuring it will be today! :lol:;)

Let me get my shovel in hand.... :lol:

...Kat

By Jove!..........I think they're ganging up on us fellows. :think:

General Apathy
By Jove!..........I think they're ganging up on us fellows. :think:

Just heading you off at the pass , :lol: as they used to say in all those 1950's cowboy films.

ken

General Apathy
Ken,

This is the first post I look at every morning because you ALWAYS make me laugh! I hope you get another 400,000 posts! :thumbsup:

...Kat

Hi Kat, thanks for the compliment, pleased that I can maybe just make you smile, laughing has to be a bonus. :lol: .

ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, October 22 2010.

General Apathy
Ken really does have a way with the ladies doesn't he. What a charmer.

Hi Craig, not going to argue with that, you got me all weighed up, smooth as a bucket of frogs eh ! ! :rolleyes:

ken

craig_pickrall

Ken I'm not sure if there is a 5 hour or 6 hour time difference between us but either way it is just after 10 Pm or 11 PM in France. I thought your keepers put you to bed way before that time. You aren't one of those that howls at the moon when it is full are you? My wife is a night shift nursing supervisor and she tells me horror stories about people like that everytime the moon is full.

General Apathy
My wife is a night shift nursing supervisor

Really pleased to see there is someone with some sense in your household.

It might be a full moon but I'm o.k. nowwoooooooeeeeehh :wacko:

ken

Johan Willaert

Hi Ken,

We got back home OK after another great visit to Normandy... Enjoyed the coffee in Ste Mere...

We laughed all the way back with your inseam measuring joke!!! :lol:

Cheers,

Johan

General Apathy
Hey G.A. is it against the law to use metal detectors around the Normandy battle sites??CJ.

Hi CJ, as far as I know it's illegal to metal detect without land owners permission, and most farmers with cows are against it as cattle can break legs in holes left unfilled by unthinking people metal detecting or doing it without permisson.

Regarding doing it on roadside tracts and what would appear to be council owned land, then the police I am told have the right to confiscate all equipment and that includes the car you carried the metal detector in or the finds that you may have found. Believe me the police here don't have a sense of humor if they believe you are doing anything illegally, hence the very low crime rate around here.

ken

General Apathy

post-344-1287837710.jpg

Hi Ken,

We got back home OK after another great visit to Normandy... Enjoyed the coffee in Ste Mere...

We laughed all the way back with your inseam measuring joke!!! :lol:

Cheers,

Johan

Hi Johan, yes enjoyed the very short time that we had for coffee, and thanks for that as well, let your friends know that I was pleased to meet them and would have liked to spend some time hanging out with you all. :thumbsup:

Do you think I should add the inseam joke here let everyone have a laugh. :w00t: :lol::lol:

Mr & Mrs Sabrejet arrive here on Monday, taking them to see Le Mon St Michel ( photo attached ) while they are in Normandy.

ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, October 23 2010.

Hi Johan, yes enjoyed the very short time that we had for coffe, and thanks for that as well, let your friends know that I was pleased to meet them and would have liked to spend some time hanging out with you all. :thumbsup:

Do you think I should add the inseam joke here let everyone have a laugh. :w00t: :lol::lol:

ken

Ken..I know your inseam joke. Definitely not forum material!! :lol: :w00t: :lol:

Ian

General Apathy
Ken..I know your inseam joke. Definitely not forum material!! :lol: :w00t: :lol:

Ian

Hi Ian, there's not one rude word in the joke, but I bow to your thoughts, bad luck members something you should ask me if you ever bump into me here in Normandy. ;)

Johan, I also have another few funny stories from my tailoring days but I know that I definitely can't add here on the forum, remind me next time. :w00t: :lol::lol:

ken

Johan Willaert

Yes, Ken, keep the jokes for our members when they visit Normandy....

Still working on that USMF meeting in Normandy next June!!

Ian, Enjoy your visit next week and I hope you'll have as nice weather as we had all week...

BTW Don't know if it still is necessary, but we took two WW2 Jerry Cans of fuel...

JOhan

Yes, Ken, keep the jokes for our members when they visit Normandy....

Still working on that USMF meeting in Normandy next June!!

Ian, Enjoy your visit next week and I hope you'll have as nice weather as we had all week...

BTW Don't know if it still is necessary, but we took two WW2 Jerry Cans of fuel...

JOhan

Merci Johan! Glad you had a good time and fine weather too! The outlook for the week ahead is reasonable. Last time I walked along Omaha beach the rain was coming in sideways!! I'm meeting Ken in the square at Ste Mere Eglise on Monday morning. My Citroen is quite frugal so a full tank departing the UK should be sufficient for travelling around Normandy for 5 days. Carrying extra fuel is not as easy as it used to be thanks restrictions imposed in the wake of ******g Islamic terrorist outrages! :mad:

Ian

General Apathy

JOhan

Two jerrycan's of fuel, Oh no you don't, not on a cross channel ferry you don't, definite confiscation material and possible smacking of the wrist and bottom if caught. :w00t:

No problems for you Belgium to France, but not allowed on ferries. ;)

ken