My dad, my hero

jmar

Hello and thank you to all Forum members who stop by and read this post. I wanted to honor my dad Joseph S. Marvian, Sr. who passed away peacefully on March 6, 2012 at 85 years of age. This forum is a fitting place to post his memorial since it was he who got me interested in collecting and preserving pieces of military history.

He served in the 6th Infantry Division, entering the Army on 16 February 1945, and was slated to be part of the invasion of Japan. Fortunately for him (and me) the war ended and he became part of the occupational forces. He was honorably discharged on 18 December 1946 holding the rank of corporal.

He'll always be my hero and will be greatly missed, but I have a life time of wonderful memories.

Thanks for everything dad, I'm proud to bear your name.

Your loving son,

Joe

post-48324-1331324727.jpg

Rakkasan187

Thank you for sharing with us.

Our Prayers are with your family, and I salute your father. May He Rest in Peace.

:salute:

Leigh..

General Apathy
Hello and thank you to all Forum members who stop by and read this post. I wanted to honor my dad Joseph S. Marvian, Sr. who passed away peacefully on March 6, 2012 at 85 years of age. This forum is a fitting place to post his memorial since it was he who got me interested in collecting and preserving pieces of military history.

He served in the 6th Infantry Division, entering the Army on 16 February 1945, and was slated to be part of the invasion of Japan. Fortunately for him (and me) the war ended and he became part of the occupational forces. He was honorably discharged on 18 December 1946 holding the rank of corporal.

He'll always be my hero and will be greatly missed, but I have a life time of wonderful memories.

Thanks for everything dad, I'm proud to bear your name.

Your loving son,

Joe

post-48324-1331324727.jpg

Hi joe, sadly the years are all too too short with a dad that you love.

take care

ken

Dear friends,

Thank you ALL for reading and replying, I truly appreciate your kind words and support.

My best wishes to each and every one of you!

Joe