VIETNAM BEOGAM PATTERNS

beogam

vintageproductions

Did you mean this one? The 1st vests dirty / used little brother. The vest is much more faded in person.

vest1.JPG

vest2.JPG

Bob

Smashing .

It looks like this one was made from 2 different batches of cloth .

Is this so or is this sun fading and use ?

Great vest .

Next you are going to kill us and show your Tigerstripe vest !!!!

owen

[Killer pix of the Beo gams, love that stuff guys!!! :)

heres a few pix too

the one set is a 1st model with metal 13 star buttons which is a huge size 36" waist and actually belonged to "Baby Huey" Hayes, along with his burial flag, ribbon bar and note book I picket up recently :)

thanks

P

post-2472-1232786002.jpg

post-2472-1232786027.jpg

[Killer pix of the Beo gams, love that stuff guys!!! :)

heres a few pix too

the one set is a 1st model with metal 13 star buttons which is a huge size 36" waist and actually belonged to "Baby Huey" Hayes, along with his burial flag, ribbon bar and note book I picket up recently :)

thanks

P

Hi Paul,

Is a pleasure too hear you again on the forum thumbsup.gif

Thanks for your pics very interresting US cut with metal buttons

But for me is not the first model with 13 stars metal buttons , so in this cut ok no problems

We can find 3 types of patterns who s for me products before this one with metals buttons

1 . same pattern than your set ,utility cut for the pants (type og cut) two chest pockets with external bellows 2 parts built the sleeves and no cuffs( is the same for the 3 patterns)

2 . pattern that i call Cidg classic is the same than standards and current shirt and pants with plastics buttons but the repetition is larger ( like the PATRICK beret)

3 . pattern that i call Australian type ( because the first time that i see it is in Andrei books about AATTV ) the pattern is totaly different

All have a little label white with red letter for the size ,loop in the collar , and wave or pyramidal sewn under collar

PS i don t put it in the time of production because ive got some idear but im not sure at 100 %

CHEERS JEROME

Hi Paul,

Is a pleasure too hear you again on the forum thumbsup.gif

Thanks for your pics very interresting US cut with metal buttons

But for me is not the first model with 13 stars metal buttons , so in this cut ok no problems

We can find 3 types of patterns who s for me products before this one with metals buttons

1 . same pattern than your set ,utility cut for the pants (type og cut) two chest pockets with external bellows 2 parts built the sleeves and no cuffs( is the same for the 3 patterns)

2 . pattern that i call Cidg classic is the same than standards and current shirt and pants with plastics buttons but the repetition is larger ( like the PATRICK beret)

3 . pattern that i call Australian type ( because the first time that i see it is in Andrei books about AATTV ) the pattern is totaly different

All have a little label white with red letter for the size ,loop in the collar , and wave or pyramidal sewn under collar

PS i don t put it in the time of production because ive got some idear but im not sure at 100 %

CHEERS JEROME

Hey jerome

Thanks Sir, nice to be back, been doing alot of selling latley and havnt really had the funds to buy, but this piece fell into my lap and it was named and huge so I couldnt pass it up.

Im confused, are you considering the Duck hunter as the 1st type?? if not Ive not seen the 1st type Ive had this pattern which I call the 1st MDAP pattern Leopards and the 2nd pattern which Ive seen with both metal and plastic buttons. Ive also owned a ARVN cut same pattern but in a light weight material, cut like tigers with the covered buttons.

Id love to see all three patterns side by side.

Ive got a pair of trousers that are neither the 1,2, or 3d pats totally different but deffinatley MDAP produced,

Is this the pat your refering to??

thanks and cheers :)

paul

post-2472-1232816436.jpg

post-2472-1232816829.jpg

Hey jerome

Thanks Sir, nice to be back, been doing alot of selling latley and havnt really had the funds to buy, but this piece fell into my lap and it was named and huge so I couldnt pass it up.

Im confused, are you considering the Duck hunter as the 1st type?? if not Ive not seen the 1st type Ive had this pattern which I call the 1st MDAP pattern Leopards and the 2nd pattern which Ive seen with both metal and plastic buttons. Ive also owned a ARVN cut same pattern but in a light weight material, cut like tigers with the covered buttons.

Id love to see all three patterns side by side.

Ive got a pair of trousers that are neither the 1,2, or 3d pats totally different but deffinatley MDAP produced,

Is this the pat your refering to??

thanks and cheers :)

paul

Paul

No i don t speak about commercial Duck hunter ( your shirt is very desirable) this 3 patterns is definitly MDAP products

I try to post some pics next week of all patterns type ( not tailors made)

At this time i refer 8 types of patterns MDAP (someone is similar but in fact is differents) i could take 1 more who s built flight suit (takashimaya ) but is stay private purchase

Cheers Jerome

Ps is the same with Tiger we can find 2 types of Gold and 2 types of Tadpole Sparse ( not refer by Johnson)

Patrick-Here is your shirt's long lost cousin.

post-492-1232408617.jpg

post-492-1232408630.jpg

Hi Bob

Superb vest !!!!!!

How much you ve got in your hands ????

And how much type off twills you can see ??? ( tiger ,black, beogam .....etc )

Cheers Jerome

Paul

No i don t speak about commercial Duck hunter ( your shirt is very desirable) this 3 patterns is definitly MDAP products

I try to post some pics next week of all patterns type ( not tailors made)

At this time i refer 8 types of patterns MDAP (someone is similar but in fact is differents) i could take 1 more who s built flight suit (takashimaya ) but is stay private purchase

Cheers Jerome

Ps is the same with Tiger we can find 2 types of Gold and 2 types of Tadpole Sparse ( not refer by Johnson)

hey Jerome

Thanks, got that shirt from jason hardy a while back, it originally had the 2 lower pockets removed and made into breast pockets, an additional pen pocket on the sleeve, short sleeve modified and then Viet para wings sewn on it!!

always seen these shirts in photos and always wanted one and Jason had a great price :)

I'll post some more pix :)

Paul

Paul

As far as I can remember, the shirt made from KAMO jacket with pockets removed higher was sold by J.H was without the Metal Master Jump Wings, I suppose you ve added the wings to improve the shirt for photo purpose.

hey Jerome

Thanks, got that shirt from jason hardy a while back, it originally had the 2 lower pockets removed and made into breast pockets, an additional pen pocket on the sleeve, short sleeve modified and then Viet para wings sewn on it!!

always seen these shirts in photos and always wanted one and Jason had a great price :)

Paul

Paul

As far as I can remember, the shirt made from KAMO jacket with pockets removed higher was sold by J.H was without the Metal Master Jump Wings, I suppose you ve added the wings to improve the shirt for photo purpose.

Yes i did was basing on a photo I saw of an early SF advisor :)

heres an example of a nice Beo gam LLDB beret made with the lightweight material

Paul

post-2472-1232832626.jpg

hey Jerome

Paul

Paul

Yes i remember this shirt now , maybe ANDREI and VALERY can post there pieces like your shirt

thumbsup.gif have a GOOD w.end Jerome

Yes i did was basing on a photo I saw of an early SF advisor :)

Paul

AAAAHHH i believe is the beret that Owen speaking !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Superbe piece i believe is made with light weight twill ?????

J.

AAAAHHH i believe is the beret that Owen speaking !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Superbe piece i believe is made with light weight twill ?????

J.

yea Owen talked me out of it, he owned then sold it now its going back LOL

we dont own any of this stuff, we're just the current curators LOL

:)

P

post-2472-1232833157.jpg

Paul,

This bush hat looks to be a Commercial issue (I had 2 similar but one made with like KAMO DH, the other ERDL), even the pattern match the era, in my opinion it was not widely used in Vietnam. But the fading looks very nice.

Like Jerome, I m very impressed by the Beo Gam LLDB beret, thanks a lot for sharing

yea Owen talked me out of it, he owned then sold it now its going back LOL

we dont own any of this stuff, we're just the current curators LOL

:)

P

Paul,

This bush hat looks to be a Commercial issue (I had 2 similar but one made with like KAMO DH, the other ERDL), even the pattern match the era, in my opinion it was not widely used in Vietnam. But the fading looks very nice.

Like Jerome, I m very impressed by the Beo Gam LLDB beret, thanks a lot for sharing

Copran,

Ok this type of hat is commercial made in Japan but i know 1 pics of USAF police patrol man who s wear this type of hat " never say never"

J.

heres a few pairs of trousers 1st, 2nd and 3d patterns

P

Paul ,

the one in the middle is one CIDG CLASSIC in US cut with plastic buttons could you post more detail pics please

Because if is it you KILL ME the first time that i see one in my life

J.

Paul,

thanks

yea Ive had that cowboy for along time and thought the same but was definatley made with strormy proof material and vegatable dyes and such but yea Ive seen alot of these too over the years, gotta scale down my photos so I can post em LOL

Not beo Gam, maybe I should move this to tigers LOL

P

post-2472-1232834270.jpg

thanks

yea Ive had that cowboy for along time and thought the same but was definatley made with strormy proof material and vegatable dyes and such but yea Ive seen alot of these too over the years, gotta scale down my photos so I can post em LOL

Not beo Gam, maybe I should move this to tigers LOL

P

I sell excactly the same hat to Copran few years ago

J.

Paul,

Do you like this one ???? :rolleyes:

J.

hey J

Yes very much!!! thats a beautiful hat maybe one of the best ive ever seen!!!!!!!! i sold one like that to John O'Conner many years ago, I wonder if he still has it?! Id kill to find another one like that they are just awsome :)!!!!

hey J, heres the top photo of that LLDB beret

Also a great original picture I got from matt Dorn showing some SF advisors at the ARVN ranger training center in 1962, One member is gabriel, the SF soldier the Training Area at Ft. Bragg is named after, thanks matt

P

post-2472-1232840647.jpg

post-2472-1232840854.jpg

Hi all

Well I am glad Paul is back on the cammo chatty pages .

I went to the ASMIC show yesterday , last Sunday of every month , and got my old Beogam LLDB beret back from Paul .

We both have owned most things from each others collections , as we swop , trade , sell , lend , to each other for years .

It will go something like this :Paul "I really like that hat in your collection , I have a set of the but No hat "

Owen ;Oh I like your shirt , lend me it for a year "

So a couple of years pass and we will both miss the things and get them back .

So the beret was at least in 2004 , but we did a deal and it now lives on one of my guys who is very happy .

This beret is made from the lightweight fabric , and this fasbric is the exact same as Bobs killer USMC Beogam cover that he has posted .

owen

Hi all

Well I am glad Paul is back on the cammo chatty pages .

I went to the ASMIC show yesterday , last Sunday of every month , and got my old Beogam LLDB beret back from Paul .

We both have owned most things from each others collections , as we swop , trade , sell , lend , to each other for years .

It will go something like this :Paul "I really like that hat in your collection , I have a set of the but No hat "

Owen ;Oh I like your shirt , lend me it for a year "

So a couple of years pass and we will both miss the things and get them back .

So the beret was at least in 2004 , but we did a deal and it now lives on one of my guys who is very happy .

This beret is made from the lightweight fabric , and this fasbric is the exact same as Bobs killer USMC Beogam cover that he has posted .

owen

Hey i want my beret back!!!! LOL

w00t.gif

P