VIETNAM BEOGAM PATTERNS

beogam

Hi All

I know this Beogam Beret has been posted by Pee Wee but his shot did not show the size tag real good .

I shot it again now that I have it in my paws .

The plastic square is present but the size 56 is printed on paper in red in a way I have never seen before .

I am not a big beret collector so to speak but I thought this was worth showing .

Also the beret is lined with a low grade cotton that is badly worn .

The whole beret has the thin burlap lining seen around the edges of the more common cammo berets .

The cammo pattern is more yellow than the camera is taking .

post-2009-1233077653.jpg

Here is the beret again .

Note my well worn CISO issue work desk in Post office red .

post-2009-1233078211.jpg

The LLDB badge is lightweight and has a small piece of damage to it .

Bob told me the red backing was for Medic qualified personel .

post-2009-1233078328.jpg

And the top side again .

I think this is more the true color .

That is it for me on the beret .

I hope this will help you lot

owen

kammoman

post-2009-1233078502.jpg

And the top side again .

I think this is more the true color .

That is it for me on the beret .

I hope this will help you lot

owen

kammoman

hey i had a beret just like that once, wait a minute.......

P

Something a little different

I bought this off EBAY, for some crazy non-focused reason.

It appears to be an "incountry made" Beogam hunting vest

The large rear pocket, is lined with poncho material-(carrying the dead birds) You can see a piece of it in second pic.

The are lots of pockets, 2 pockets are for shotgun shells-with elastic

Padded shoulder for shooting

Buttons are the typical period-rough edge green buttons

If anyone is interested, drop me a note

post-2368-1233106430.jpg

post-2368-1233106440.jpg

This hunting vest came from the Rose bowl a while ago .

You see this kinda thing there all the time .

The pattern is really cool though .

If you are trying to sale it , you should post it in the for sale section .

o

I found the last week in a old store two beogam shirts in good condition and one jungle uniform 3rd pattern in cotton in mint condition, I think that the shirts are modern repros...but...I ask to the forum...what do you think?

First shirt : cotton, made in Hong Kong by Nesco (I dont find information about Nesco hunting cloth in google), three fronts pockets with square flaps, green buttons.

General View...

dscn0190ug0.jpg

Front upper pocket...

dscn0194ae5.jpg

Label...

dscn0199hd0.jpg

Thanks a lot

The term "beo gam" is being annoyingly used WAY too much, just like the term "CISO" is being used, most times incorrectly and with NO proof, for some black clothing and some tiger stripes, every piece of duck hunter camo is now "beo gam". What you have is just a standard duck hunter camo shirt made for hunting. Maybe it's just me but I'm pretty sick and tired of all the cutesy designer labels that some guys are using to describe things. Saying every piece of duck hunter camo is "beo gam" is NOT correct though I'm sure some will want to disagree. The only thing MORE annoying is guys that quote that idiot Johnson's tiger book verbatum ad nauseum.

Hello Spike, thanks for the reply.

I am new in this area (camo uniforms of Vietnam war) and I don´t know diferenciate a duck hunter of a beogam,for that reason I asked the forum. I am lucky, only pay 7$ by each shirt.

I don´t post the other shirt because I found a label that reads "Made in China".

Thanks

Spike .

I see you are on fire today !!!

It it the fact that we are having a rare drop of rain today in Southern Cali???

But you have a valid point .

To me Viet produced Duck hunter camouflage is Beogam for want of a better word .

No Beogam sparce , dense , fluffy ,ect .

Commercial patterns is Duck hunter .

WW2 patterns well that is another matter .

Frogskin seems to be the USMC slang word for this .

I wonder if anyone knows the correct title as the book would call it -per Govt specs ?

CISO- yes a buzz word that newer collectors use without much thought as to what is and is not correct CISO issue .

Remember folks use these words to make a sale on Ebay .

It is up to the more experienced collector like you to educate others .

You know that .

That is why you contribte to this forum and so do I .

Have a Beogam Ciso day

owen

Duck-Hunter, Beo-Gam, ERDL, or some strange hybrid of all ?

Does anyone know what this is ?

Tailored version of the 1961-designed US Navy J-7758B lightweight cotton flight jacket. All zips are Conmar brass.

I have no idea what origin/pattern this camo is ..

Anyone have any ideas ?

Pluto

post-4733-1234297459.jpg

post-4733-1234297476.jpg

American Graffiti

Hi Pluto,

I love this jacket. Funny I thought I remembered it being SVN Police type camo, ie. reverse of mitchell. Funny how your memory plays tricks on you.

Good stuff,

AG

Detail of brass Conmar zip. Pocket stitching not 100% parallel tracking, suggestive of a custom garment, rather than serial production. To my mind, whoever had this jacket made must have handed a tailor a USN issue flight jacket and requested an exact copy, as this garment is of identical construction / proportions to the USN base garment (which in itself is a pretty scarce flight jacket). Also, the tailor must have had access to US parts - ie the Conmar zips, rather than far-east YKK etc zips. Perhaps this garment was made in the US, perhaps elsewhere but with access to US materials.

I bought this on Ebay approx 4 years ago, from a private lady who had it listed generically as 'camo jacket', and have worn it to my favourite international flea markets ever since..

I am really baffled by the camo print though - has anyone encountered this curious print before ? Fabric is shirt-weight cotton poplin

thanks for your thoughts

Pluto

post-4733-1234385800.jpg

additional image of main zip

post-4733-1234386556.jpg

P

After looking at the zips and construction of your USN type jacket it leads me to believe it is a Japanese made hybrid custom thingy .

The pattern I have seen for sure but many years ago and it was on a USN cut flight suit .

I can see you you wear it to shows it is a head turner for sure

owen

• 3 weeks later...
bill brewster

This photo is of a lifer non-com wearing a duck hunter suit while serving with the Phoenix Program in the Delta in 1968. When I asked him about it he had no recollection, in fact thought it was issued to him.

Bill

post-5675-1236180816.jpg

This photo is of a lifer non-com wearing a duck hunter suit while serving with the Phoenix Program in the Delta in 1968. When I asked him about it he had no recollection, in fact thought it was issued to him.

Bill

Thanks for your pics Bill

A+ J

bill brewster

Complete S. Korean uniform worn by Capt. commanding Co. A, 3d Amphibian Tractor Battalion, 1st Marines in mid-67. Given to him by S. Korean infantry officer when working together in operations on the Batangan Peninsula. And a great shoulder holster to boot. Bill post-5675-1236198339.jpg