You won the NRA gun lottery, what gun do you pick?

LE LOUP DES MERS

LE LOUP DES MERS

So I thought it would be fun to do this hypothetical "you won the gun lottery" and see what you guys would pick. So rules are simple: 1. It must be a U.S. firearm 2. You can pick ANY gun military or civilian with ANY modifications/attachments. 3. No explosives unless it's an attachment your picking with your gun. So, you won the NRA gun lottery, they tell you that you can name any gun you want with any modifications/attachments and it's yours. However, you can only pick ONE gun, what do you pick? 

LE LOUP DES MERS

I'd personally be stuck between a m1928 Thompson and a colt m16a1 with colt scope and m203. However, I'd probably go with the m16a1 with scope and m203 

abfa7d714f4cd8e4543fda82c426d30b~2.jpg

Oh, I'd have to say it would be an OSS gun that was sent to the Resistance. Any of these, really :

image.png

image.png

image.png

I don't know what this falls into, but this would be the top if it is classed as a firearm:

image.png

LE LOUP DES MERS
7 hours ago, MinutemanEMTer said:

You lost me at US Firearm. How about US and Allied Firearms?

Personally, I'd say any firearm however forum rules say we can post US stuff that's why I said US only. 

LE LOUP DES MERS
19 hours ago, doinworkinvans said:

FN-SCAR

image.png.d76acc9ddf8cbfdbca99dd21974e0210.png

A fn-scar would be pretty sweet, about a year ago I was almost tempted to buy a used one for $2300 it was the 556 scar but I built an AR instead. 

I'm going to have to pick the M60.

Would be pure fun to me.

I carried one in the guard for several years.

To be honest, they jammed especially with blanks.

Not so much with live ammo though. It was the blanks that they were finicky with.

The M60 was very accurate. I had a rock solid zero of 24 clicks up on the rear sight. Nothing right or left.

Just 24 up.

I remember the maximum effective range for the M60 to be 1100

meters for planning purposes.

It need a crew for sure though. Our 60 crews consisted of 3 people.

The Gunner the Assistant Gunner and the Ammo Bearer.

Because you had the gun, the spare barrel bag with the T&E mechanism (Traversing and elevation )and the tripod.

All together about 75 -80 lbs plus ammo.

Everyone, even guys in the other squads carried bags of 60 ammo

in addition to the ammo that the crew carried..

M60-General-Purpose-Machine-Gun-Vietnam-Gregory-Proch-1200x772 - Copy.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/12/2023 at 5:07 AM, The Rooster said:

I'm going to have to pick the M60.

Would be pure fun to me.

I carried one in the guard for several years.

To be honest, they jammed especially with blanks.

Not so much with live ammo though. It was the blanks that they were finicky with.

The M60 was very accurate. I had a rock solid zero of 24 clicks up on the rear sight. Nothing right or left.

Just 24 up.

I remember the maximum effective range for the M60 to be 1100

meters for planning purposes.

It need a crew for sure though. Our 60 crews consisted of 3 people.

The Gunner the Assistant Gunner and the Ammo Bearer.

Because you had the gun, the spare barrel bag with the T&E mechanism (Traversing and elevation )and the tripod.

All together about 75 -80 lbs plus ammo.

Everyone, even guys in the other squads carried bags of 60 ammo

in addition to the ammo that the crew carried..

M60-General-Purpose-Machine-Gun-Vietnam-Gregory-Proch-1200x772 - Copy.pngAs someone with a deep passion for firearms and a keen interest in understanding the complexities of gun control, I've decided to start a small blog where I can share my thoughts and engage in discussions with like-minded individuals. It's fascinating to explore the different perspectives surrounding this contentious issue and to delve into the statistics, research, and policy proposals that shape the debate. In my quest for knowledge, I've come across a valuable resource https://graduateway.com/essay-examples/gun-control/ which provides a wide range of essay examples related to gun control, covering various aspects such as its impact on crime rates, constitutional rights, public safety, and more. It's an excellent starting point for anyone seeking to delve deeper into the subject and gain a well-rounded understanding of the arguments on both sides. So, whether you advocate for stricter regulations or are a defender of Second Amendment rights, I invite you to join me in exploring the intricacies of gun control. 

Oh yeah, that's a great choice. I would definitely like to have one of these in my collection. 
As for my pick after a hypothetical win, here it is

boys.jpg

Gear Fanatic

I would think I would pick a nice 03’ Springfield.

I have always been obsessed with bolt action guns and I think the 03’ would be a nice accurate shooter

a fun one to mess around with and could use it for ww1, ww2 and even possibly Korea or Vietnam…

and the best part…

you can mount giant 16 inch bayonets on it!!!

23029056-5951-4470-BEAD-5F0C4523FBEF.webp

EDE2183D-C679-4FAF-9D1F-B4668B1D8C5A.jpeg

World War One era Model 1897 Winchester Shotgun with Bayonet lug...original of course...