USMC Saipan and Iwo Grouping

devildog34

That is a stunning, amazing, awesome grouping! Semperiffic!

Thank you for sharing.

One of my holy grails is to find a WWII grouping to a 3/25 Marine, so you're very lucky to have found one with the connection like that. Makes it even better to have that in your collection! Just awesome.

Very nice! The reason I like named groupings is for the history and also I like to think the guy won't be forgotten so don't worry about the length of your post I think you did great .Mike

Corpsmancollector

A tremendous grouping to a courageous Marine. Sure sounds like he was in the thick of it!

The blues are beautiful alone but to have his medals and paperwork to accompany them is just great. I really like the photo in post #13.

Thanks for sharing this wonderful grouping and congratulations on adding it to your collection!

Thank you Corpsmancollector, I love sharing this stuff with all you guys who can really appreciate what this stuff represents.

Semper Fi,

Kevin

No Kevin, without the "history lecture" it is a great group of items...but with the lecture it much, much more......thanks for sharing and giving us the background...hopefully you will share any additional research you find on this man.

Kurt Barickman

Very nice Kevin, as we spoke last night by phone, I am glad you posted this group and as you stated, it is very nice. Love the blues with the patch and ribbon bar. Great set of docs and paperwork to boot. :thumbsup:

Thanks for posting,

Your very cold and snow bound fellow Corps collector,

Kurt Barickman

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Outstanding grouping !!

I have a very similar grouping (minus the uniform & PH) to a 14th Marine (artillery) mustang who received his Bronze Star for the Saipan-Tinian operations.

Thanks for showing !!

Vic

Brian Dentino

I can only echo what others have said and tell you what you all ready know about this grouping.......it is stunning and a true centerpiece of any Corps collection. Amazing in its completeness and your research has kept this warriors memory of service and dedication to the cause alive. Thank you for sharing it with us here to enjoy.......and drool over! :love: :jeal0001:

• 1 month later...

Thank you all for the kind comments, nice to be able to share it on this forum and not just have it sit in the office for my eyes and appreciation only.

semper fi,

Kevin

• 1 year later...

Remembering Cpl. Stickler today on this 68th anniversary of his and his comrades tremendous valor.

Semper Fi

Kevin . . . man I remember you showing me this uniform but didn't realize you had all his medals and pictures too!! Fantastic grouping bro!! Love seeing this stuff . . . Awesome!

Brandon

• 4 weeks later...