29th Bomb Group

Sand Flea

Sand Flea

2024 has been a great year so far. I just picked this huge grouping up from a local estate sale. I have not done research year but the collection seems to be complete minus uniforms. I hope you all enjoy and I encourage your feedback. 

IMG_9007.jpeg

IMG_9009.jpeg

IMG_9010.jpeg

IMG_9011.jpeg

IMG_9012.jpeg

IMG_9013.jpeg

IMG_9046.jpeg

IMG_9059.jpeg

IMG_9054.jpeg

IMG_9060.jpeg

Scarecrow

LOVE the B-29 Yoke disk button!

Coincidentally I recently picked up a large uniform grouping to a 20th AF B-29 pilot.  His group was also based out of Guam.  Again, congrats great score on the lot!

Castle_Keep

Congrats on the remarkable discovery.  Love the tidy record keeping.  A genuine war hero. 

Very nice grouping!  The log book is really a good look into this pilots career. Very impressive! 

Sand Flea
3 hours ago, Scarecrow said:

LOVE the B-29 Yoke disk button!

Coincidentally I recently picked up a large uniform grouping to a 20th AF B-29 pilot.  His group was also based out of Guam.  Again, congrats great score on the lot!

By chance what was his name? I might be able to look a picture of him if they attended the same flight school

Scarecrow
36 minutes ago, Sand Flea said:

By chance what was his name? I might be able to look a picture of him if they attended the same flight school

His Name was William C. Russell from Cranston, RI.  His Bomb Group escapes me at the moment.  I have his paperwork put away in a box.

FullSizeR(12).jpg.8513b45b4e84f9d00142b5c9f1400408.jpg

Sand Flea

Scarecrow,

I did not find W.C. Russell’s name in the air cadet flight book. 

Scarecrow
9 hours ago, Sand Flea said:

Scarecrow,

I'll look through his paperwork and find out where Russell trained.  Like your grouping there is a lot of paperwork in the Russell lot.

ludwigh1980

I echo everyone else's sentiment. Great group. That Boeing B-29 Yoke control emblem is defiantly the rarity. Would like to find one myself someday. 

Sand Flea

It was dumb luck on my part. My son actually found it in one of the glass cases by the register as we were checking out. He then showed me a picture of a B29 cockpit to confirm his suspicion. 

Scarecrow
On 1/28/2024 at 9:35 PM, Sand Flea said:

Scarecrow,

I went through his paperwork last night.  Russell graduated in Class 44 E from Ryan Army Air Field in Tucson AZ.  He flew with the 501st BG, 41st BS.