Part of a M1938 tanker helmet found at B17 crash location

Centurion1982

13 hours ago, P-59A said:

This link claims that tankers wore the M-3 flak helmet during the war. If things went this way, why not the other way. If tankers could get flak helmets then why not the  other way around?  

Let me go back to what I said when I posted that link. The word "claims" is  a part of it. The last post, which carry's more wait in my opinion states as you said the the M4A2 was used as a trial run from 49-50. I didn't see any M3's in that pic. I will stand as edumicated more on tankers in Korea.

3 hours ago, Bodes said:

Bodes, were did you find those numbers on the flak helmets? I have been looking all over for info.

You do realize the photo provided of the tank crew was taken during the Korean war?....It's my understanding this was an expediency due to the M38 being in short supply following WW2...This is what a fellow member wrote and the link to the thread

It was anticipated that the T19-E2 helmet and liner would replace the Rawlings Pattern tank helmet but that did not happen.

"The Army ceased production of this helmet in 1944 and after the war many were sold surplus or went with armored vehicles that were given as miltary assistance to countries around the world. By the beginning of the Korean War the were less than 4,000 left in inventory and many armored vehicles left for Europe and Asia equiped with the M4A2 Flak Helmet."

post-350-1346767538.jpg.ccf9a4e8e316f50aadb212d01539d1eb.jpg