SOS Louisville 2022

Brian Dentino

We will be there.

The best show on earth!  We will have 6 tables of {mostly} WWI and WWII items.... always looking for DSC portraits, 166th Infantry - WW1 groupings, and beyond that....the best combat related IDd groupings I can find.

I live in Louisville so I will be in attendance of course.  I have been attending the SoS since it was at the Drawbridge Inn in northern Kentucky in the late 80s.

Curiously, I've applied the last 2 years for a table and haven't won the lottery apparently. I am 1 of 2 American members of Legenda Military Achaeology and I was hoping to score a table in order to raise awareness (and perhaps funds) for our all-volunteer organization that recovers WW1 and WW2 MIA soldiers from the battlefields in Latvia.

I'll be there for my first show displaying Flag related items. Really looking forward to it. I will have some flags to sell along with a few accessories like poles, finials and streamer holders etc. I am really hoping to get my name "out there" as a collector. 

Flags I have to sell include Presidential, 75th Rangers, 1st Special Forces, 9th Tank, 

IMG_7173.JPG

IMG_7176.JPG

IMG_7178.JPG

IMG_7181.JPG

IMG_7100.jpg

IMG_7300.jpg

IMG_2158.JPG

IMG_6659.JPG

IMG_4793.jpg

IMG_0061 copy.jpeg

Great, now the place will be overrun with Vexilologists...

Does anyone have that "US Military Forum Member" badge image that some one made up to help us recognize each other in that sea of humanity?

flag1.jpg

I will be there as usual with three tables of good stuff. Also looking to buy US airborne, FSSF and OSS material. I think the Europeans and other overseas collectors will finally be able to attend, so it should be a great show!

1 hour ago, rayg said:

When are the dates of the show...I'm been unable to make the last three shows. Also is the gun show next door as before,  Ray

Ray - the show is next week: 

http://www.sosovms.com/

The National Gun Day show is also occurring next-door over the weekend. 

Brian Dentino

I did not see anything indicating that masks are required to attend this year.  Can anyone confirm that we are once again free to show our ugly mugs to anyone willing to look?

9 minutes ago, Brian Dentino said:

I did not see anything indicating that masks are required to attend this year.  Can anyone confirm that we are once again free to show our ugly mugs to anyone willing to look?

that's what kept me from attending last SOS

Hookemhorns88
On 2/15/2022 at 2:47 PM, Hookemhorns88 said:

I plan on being there for my second visit on the lookout for named ETO/MTO uniforms and unit photos 

Well...I am going to miss this year afterall.  I have to be in Salt Lake City for a business meeting.  Ugh....

8 hours ago, Brian Dentino said:

I heard the masks just have to be pulled 6 inches up to act as blindfolds, to shield folks from each others' ugly mugs

Item authenticity must be determined by touch only...this is why collectors have for years been preaching that collectors need to handle as many originals as possible.

The time has come, buyers beware.

I will not be attending...because prices have been stupid high during COVID and I'm not willing to spend that kind of money on a market that can't last.

CNY Militaria
13 hours ago, Dirk said:

Will have a China Marine display on hand…always looking for items related to the China Marines

I’ll have a dress blue set from a Pre war China Marine at my table. 

Some fun pics so far! Please . . . those of you who are going . . . post some pics for those of us who can't go! I bet there's an old style USCG hat badge hanging around there someplace! :)

Anyone ever see French medals there, out of curiosity? I know US, German and Japanese stuff . . . but ever get French?

If anyone sees WWII Norwegian stuff, give me a shout...though I never hear about much. Either it's not there, or no one ever thinks of me

12 minutes ago, Brig said:

If anyone sees WWII Norwegian stuff, give me a shout...though I never hear about much. Either it's not there, or no one ever thinks of me

Your comments in this thread are so fab, Brig! Really cheered me up tonight! 

I'd think about you . . . but I think you and I are some of the "few" stuck back here watching the forum and any online site we can over the next days. :) Maybe your Norwegian things are sitting there with my French stuff and old-style USCG stuff! -grin- 

11 hours ago, Brig said:

Norway has a military?