*Rough* Schlueter Helmet Date & Configuration Chart

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I normally wouldn't post a helmet with a lot number already on the list, but I just got this near mint (besides for some storage marks) Schlueter that has a slightly different configuration than the one in the list. Heat stamp is 424A. As with the one already list it it has flat steel hardware, OD7 chinstraps on swivel bails, and a manganese rim. However, this one is rear seam rather than front seam. Interesting to see that even within the same lot number there are some differences. This one also came with a mint capac liner with mint sweatband.

post-169952-0-47747300-1571799894.jpg

post-169952-0-49544900-1571799898.jpg

donation2020.gif

• 2 months later...

I have a similar case as Nickman, a Schlueter helmet with heat stamp 323A and a stainless steel rim, while the one listed has a manganese one instead (For the records: OD3 chinstraps, flat steel hardware, no liner unfortunately). This fellow must have had a tough life - Several layers of paint: Olive over dark green over red over olive. Still original on the inside but with traces of salt water. It is marked DCC. At some point in time it must have had a stripe from front to back.

post-233171-0-72803400-1578677813.jpg

donation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I can't upload pictures (apparently the file is too big. If you know how to attach larger pictures please let me know). Anyway, to add to the list, I just bought a really rough M1 helmet. Originally I couldn't see the heatstamp and bought it for $17! After cleaning off 2 layers of paint and rust on top it's a Shlueter 60A heatstamp with FS/FB. I will add pictures if I can figure out how.

Hello everyone! I was fortunate enough to find this Schlueter helmet at a antique store a week ago. The heat stamp is 342 but I can't make out an A or B beside the number. The seam is in the front and the rim appears to be Stainless steel.

post-12468-0-27845200-1579383450_thumb.jpg

post-12468-0-85090800-1579383470_thumb.jpg

Picked another one up today! 239A Schlueter FS/SB with almost complete Westinghouse liner. OD#3 webbing with midwar green A washers. Original paint/corking with OD#7 chinstraps with flat metal (late war) buckles.

Again, someone please inform me on how to upload a larger file. I can't figure it out.

I have a Schlueter helmet but was confused to begin with as the number was 53 A, it didn't make sense to me and nor did it when I asked others with knowledge on M1 Helmets, its only now I saw with a powerful light at the right angle the faintest signs that it actually is 531 A, however when looking on this Forum I saw the lot number went from 530 A to 533 A which then confused me, but it to me 100% is 531 A, let me no what you guys think, maybe it is a lot number that no one knew about.

Thank you,

Matt

post-283206-0-94360200-1579819923_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

I picked up a Schlueter pot. 539A, rear-seam, swivel bales, manganese rim, OD 7 chinstraps with a steel hook and flat brass hardware.

Interested in items related to:

-Amarillo A.A.F. / Amarillo Air Force Base

-Military instillations located in the Texas Panhandle, South Plains, and West Texas.

-"F" Company, 142nd Infantry Regiment, 36th Infantry Division (Texas National Guard)

-413th Civil Affairs Battalion (USAR)

donation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2019.gif

In Memoriam:

CSM Juan H. Hernandez - U.S. Army WWII, Korea, Vietnam

RM1c William C. Denney - U.S.S. McDermut (DD-677) Korea

• 1 month later...

I have a heat stamp 216 A5 with OD-7 straps and steel hardware

Always looking for medic helmets, 30th Infantry Division/Brigade items, and TOW missile items.

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2017.gif