"War & Peace" 2013....the vehicles, part 1. VERY pic heavy!

Sabrejet

Ian,

Great pictures! I could not imagine seeing that many vehicles in one place.

I can understand the WWI and WWII vehicles but how is it that Vietnam era vehicles are found over there?

When you say the temp is 30 degrees, I assume you are saying celsius. ;) I looked it up and that equates to 86 degrees fahrenheit. That would be like a cold front around here. We average in the mid to high 90's this time of year! In August, it will be over 100! :lol:

...Kat

Ian,

Great pictures! I could not imagine seeing that many vehicles in one place.

I can understand the WWI and WWII vehicles but how is it that Vietnam era vehicles are found over there?

When you say the temp is 30 degrees, I assume you are saying celsius. ;) I looked it up and that equates to 86 degrees fahrenheit. That would be like a cold front around here. We average in the mid to high 90's this time of year! In August, it will be over 100! :lol:

...Kat

Kat, if it's green and on wheels you can find it over here! Re the temperature, 30-35 C is just about has hot as it's possible to get in this country...and being an island, humidity is very high and energy sapping. I'm going to the South of France next week...it's actually been as hot/hotter here!! :o

Hi Sabrejet

Great photos, I've been to this years Fortress Wales, at Caldecott Castle, and next month, I'm going to the one at Llancaiach Fawr, Nelson, 3rd and 4th, of August, did you camp out for this one. Which one in the photo was Winnie :D

Welshman

I was at Caldicot too. I posted a report at the time...it's in the forum's archives somewhere. I used to camp out with a bunch of Welsh lads back in the 90s but I like my creature comforts now....plus Mrs Sabrejet tends to come with me now anyway. Can't have her roughing it, can we?! :D

Ditto... The narrow gauge railway was a part of the WW1 display. There was a running locomotive of the type used to supply the front lines!

post-8022-0-57737600-1374530972.jpg

Hurricane and Spitfire. The Battle of Britain was fought in the skies above the showground....known as "Hellfire Corner"

post-8022-0-61033700-1374531185.jpg

post-8022-0-43621000-1374531209.jpg

Ian, the shear volume of this thread will take sometime to absorb. You ended on a high note, always good to see Mrs. Sabrejet!!

RustyCanteen

Cont'd...

post-8022-0-83676200-1374525644.jpg

100 years from now historians will find this rare color image and theories will abound as to what the mysterious gentleman at left is whispering.