RARE 1st AIRBORNE MESS KIT REPAIR BATTALION JUMP SUIT..

Rakkasan187

Rakkasan187
One other thought for all to remember as well; this forum and this hobby really is a "small world". I have personally had issues with members and then run into to them in person later. Will I deal with you in person if you messed around with me on the forum? NO!

A persons reputation is on the line and it does not take long for this community to find out you are not a good person to deal with. Sometimes it is hard enough to find and pick up things for the collection without having the majority of the fraternity "shun" you. Is your reputation worth a patch? helmet? uniform?

I had a former member lose his membership over a $5.00 patch. CRAZY!

Great Points.. Not to mention that a lot of members on here are on Ebay as well. It doesn't take a lot of detective work to put two and two together. A person may have 10 bazillion positive feedbacks but in the real scope of things it won't buy you a cup of coffee and a donut.. It all boils down to policing our own, making corrections and just having some common resepct and courtesy..

Great Points.. Not to mention that a lot of members on here are on Ebay as well. It doesn't take a lot of detective work to put two and two together. A person may have 10 bazillion positive feedbacks but in the real scope of things it won't buy you a cup of coffee and a donut.. It all boils down to policing our own, making corrections and just having some common resepct and courtesy..

Amen! :thumbsup:

History Man

I had a few items on hold for someone for quite a while, close to 3 months. I would check in with them to see when he was going to buy the items and I was being pushed to the sidelines while they posted huge hauls and bought more items. I then received a message of how the price we agreed on was out of his range and never heard from them again. I occasionally send out messages to people looking for certain items as I have changed my interests and all I ask is to get a response like Leigh, not interested or ... But instead they read the message or ignore it, I mean is it that hard to ask for some common courtesy :pinch:

Philip

It is funny that the ones who post responses to threads like this are the ones who are the most courteous. The ones who need to read this don't bother to even look at the thread.

Just follow the golden rule.......

....Kat

KAT,

You are SO RIGHT!! The ones who need these reminders, don't read this thread!! :pinch:

Thanks JS, Sabre, Cutiger, and 36 Tex.

I know you guys understand my frustrations, lets hope that some of the young guns (and older ones) read this and take it to heart...

Leigh..

HEY Leigh?????? What about me! :pinch: :crying:

Rakkasan187

It didn't have that flair to catch the eyes of everyone..

I should have titled it as:

Then maybe it would have grabbed their attention..

You know though,, Kat made a great point in that the only ones who will read this are the members who; 1. recognize the author as being someone who has made significant contributions to the forum or have dealt with that person on a personal basis or 2. If the topic title holds no interest with specific collecting interests then it will most likely be ignored by those who truly need to read it..

Again,,

Great points and opinions have been voiced and it is great to see that others feel the same way...

Keep Venting folks..

Leigh..

Rakkasan187
HEY Leigh?????? What about me! :pinch: :crying:

That's you JS, in the first seat. I just abbreviated JS.... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Leigh..

Also, the older I get the more forgetful I am. I have sent PM's then sent another one saying "Did I tell you?". :lol:

I like what Doyler suggested. Block them but don't ban them.

....Kat

:lol: It's funny to hear you ADMIT that!! :w00t:

That's you JS, in the first seat. I just abbreviated JS.... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Leigh..

I'm sorry Leigh......I looked right past my initials! :emba0005: :blush:

I know that I am not the best communicator in the world...but I try at the very least to respond to every PM and replies to my posts/topics. It is on occasion that life gets in the way and I forget that I owe someone the decency of a reply. My brain doesn't always work the way it should from time to time and I miss a reply. I hear a second time from that person to which I profusely and sincerely apologize.

The last thing I want to have happen here is to be ostracized for being aloof or distant. You guys have helped me immensely and I am extremely appreciative.

Now, I need to go check my latest want posting. ;)

Since I'm not online at home (I just moved) sometimes I will read the message on my phone but forget to write back the next week or day at work. I'll then go through my messages and remember I forgot to answer, it isn't intentional but just the situation that I am in but I will get back.

Members are always offering me items and it is always proper to reply asap especially because I have an ad on my posts looking for specific items.

Overall I have had a great experience as both a buyer and dealer here!

There are two great items for sale that I plan to pick up on Friday if they are still available. I wouldn't dream to ask somebody to hold an item longer than three days so I will hold my PMs until I can pay for the item.

Leonardo

Since I'm not online at home (I just moved) sometimes I will read the message on my phone but forget to write back the next week or day at work. I'll then go through my messages and remember I forgot to answer, it isn't intentional but just the situation that I am in but I will get back.

I think everyone knows that life sometimes gets in the way. I think it is the habitual ones who do not reply that make people mad.

Before purchasing an item, I always look at the feedback before sending a PM. Then, as you said, I don't send a PM unless I can afford the item right then.

I think everyone knows that life sometimes gets in the way. I think it is the habitual ones who do not reply that make people mad.

Before purchasing an item, I always look at the feedback before sending a PM. Then, as you said, I don't send a PM unless I can afford the item right then.

I agree.We all get busy and as I stated in another thread I am guilty of not getting back immediately.Sometimes I post a reply or ask a question and go off line as its late here.Often Im at work or away from a connection.I dont have a smart phone,lap top or wireless sattelite strapped to my forehead to transmit or recieve.I try to check in but often it can be several hours or even a few days.There are times Im at a show and cant get to the forum for 3-4 days.I have even been know to delete or clean house in the inbox and toss something I hadnt read :pinch: Just in a hurry sometimes.Not intentional but I do delete things from time to time

craig_pickrall
It didn't have that flair to catch the eyes of everyone..

I should have titled it as:

Then maybe it would have grabbed their attention..

You know though,, Kat made a great point in that the only ones who will read this are the members who; 1. recognize the author as being someone who has made significant contributions to the forum or have dealt with that person on a personal basis or 2. If the topic title holds no interest with specific collecting interests then it will most likely be ignored by those who truly need to read it..

Again,,

Great points and opinions have been voiced and it is great to see that others feel the same way...

Keep Venting folks..

Leigh..

I fixed the title for you. Let's see if it picks up any new readers.

I was going to reply, even before the title modification. But, thought, hey, this is about being inconsiderate so why bother ;)

I had a few items on hold for someone for quite a while, close to 3 months. I would check in with them to see when he was going to buy the items and I was being pushed to the sidelines while they posted huge hauls and bought more items. I then received a message of how the price we agreed on was out of his range and never heard from them again. I occasionally send out messages to people looking for certain items as I have changed my interests and all I ask is to get a response like Leigh, not interested or ... But instead they read the message or ignore it, I mean is it that hard to ask for some common courtesy :pinch:

Philip

PM me Philip as I am curious who this is your talking about.

CNY Militaria

I hate to admit it, but I have had many of the same experiences. People ignoring PMs when they ask questions, not responding to my response to their wanted ads, reserving an item to buy then never responding to emails ever again and more. With all the bad, I have had many, many more great transactions! So to those who care, thenk you!

Justin

Rakkasan187

I wish there were windshield wipers for laptops because I just about lost it when I saw the title was changed to what I suggested..

Craig,, Thank you .. I was in stitches when I saw it. I honestly almost blew right past the post, never thinking I would see the Airborne Mess Kit Battalion Title...

Does anyone know how to clean milk off a laptop screen????

Leigh...

Speaking of RUDE! :rolleyes:

36 hours ago, I alerted a seller and a buyer that they had each other in common. The seller shot me a PM saying "thank you". The member who "wanted" the medal, has not replied to my heads-up PM at all! :pinch:

I wish there were windshield wipers for laptops because I just about lost it when I saw the title was changed to what I suggested..

Craig,, Thank you .. I was in stitches when I saw it. I honestly almost blew right past the post, never thinking I would see the Airborne Mess Kit Battalion Title...

Does anyone know how to clean milk off a laptop screen????

Leigh...

Airborne wet wipe ;)