Custom Mitchell camo jacket

Pluto

wanted to flag this unusual custom garment sourced last week from a London vintage store - made from Mitchell tarp cloth, from the custom label and thin disc buttons I would guess Japanese-made, and from the cut / style, probably mid-late 50s. Main zip is Talon, cuff pocket zip and back pouch are YKK. The pouch on the back suggests a 'hunting' jacket, but the pouch is impractical to use, and jacket is probably more of an off-base 'fashion' jacket. Anyone seen anything similar ?

thanks

P.

post-4733-1339008767.jpg

post-4733-1339008784.jpg

wanted to flag this unusual custom garment sourced last week from a London vintage store - made from Mitchell tarp cloth, from the custom label and thin disc buttons I would guess Japanese-made, and from the cut / style, probably mid-late 50s. Main zip is Talon, cuff pocket zip and back pouch are YKK. The pouch on the back suggests a 'hunting' jacket, but the pouch is impractical to use, and jacket is probably more of an off-base 'fashion' jacket. Anyone seen anything similar ?

thanks

P.

post-4733-1339008828.jpg

American Graffiti

Nice to see pics Pluto! I would say more than likely Okinawa made. The 'specially made for' label screams Japanese tailor made, I have a similar label in a tiger stripe piece.

Very nice I'd say late 50s to early Vietnam.

AG

manayunkman

I saw one similar to this one for 300.00 including pants and had a stamped EGA on front pocket. Should I have bought it ??

Bob Hudson
I saw one similar to this one for 300.00 including pants and had a stamped EGA on front pocket. Should I have bought it ??

Saw that too at Koby's swap meet. It was tempting but I figured 300 had to be top dollar ???

asianairborne

I like it alot. Anything custom from that time period and from Okinawa is good stuff. Well done.

Corpsmancollector

Very nice indeed...Stuff like that doesn't pop up often on these shores, great piece!

Will