Norman D. Landing

bilko1

Ken,

That turned out very nice! So the money did not really go down the toilet "so to speak". :lol:

If the flowers start to wilt, you may have to check into men using this for its' original intent after one too many beers! :think:

...Kat

General Apathy

Hi Forum Members & Readers.

Below is a link to a topic I started on ' Plexiglass art ' made from aircraft acrylic and turned into decorated pieces.

If anyone has any pieces I would appreciate you adding it to the topic for all to see. :thumbsup:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...c=87468&hl=

ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, September 17 2010

General Apathy
Ken...what flowers are they? Sweet-pees?!

Ian ;)

No they are not silly boy they are 'peony ', no they are not really peony before the flower police start stating what they really are.

ken

General Apathy

post-344-1284761916.jpg

Hi Forum Members & Readers.

Shown here are a whistle and 45th Div. patch given to me back in the mid 90's by Ernest Childers Medal of Honor winner Italy 1943, somewhere I have a photograph of Ernest handing these items to me. I can't guarantee that this particular patch was one of his wartime ones, he must have handled so many of these patches during his service career, however I believe the whistle to be his from WWII.

I always thought a lot of Ernest Childers he was an interesting and considerate friend. ;)

ken

"Back in August I reported on a street market that I went to and showed all the militaria there was for sale there, as I said in post # 1356 I didn't actually end up buying any of the militaria, and came away with a small turn of the century enamelled men's urinal which I was going to use in the garden as a flower pot."

Ken, I was thinking something that old would be in piss-poor condition but evidently not! Jon.

General Apathy
"Back in August I reported on a street market that I went to and showed all the militaria there was for sale there, as I said in post # 1356 I didn't actually end up buying any of the militaria, and came away with a small turn of the century enamelled men's urinal which I was going to use in the garden as a flower pot."

Ken, I was thinking something that old would be in piss-poor condition but evidently not! Jon.

Hey Jon, please take care with your remarks, my urinal's in the flower of it's youth why does everyone want to pee on it. :lol:;)

ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, September 18 2010

General Apathy
Hahaha sweet pees - I love it :P

Hi Blake, this is all that Sabrejets fault, I try to add a little color and a few flowers to a corner of the garden and he reduces it to a figure of fun. :crying:

ken

General Apathy
Them Barbarians!

Well, put another one in the opposite corner and then you can have a p.ssing contest ..... sorry, I couldn't resist. :rolleyes:

Erwin

ok ok I am getting pee'd off with this now :lol: , I shall be adding some other stuff later, lets see if we can get this topic out the urinal. ;)

ken

I found this topic very interesting prior to the recent postings. Now its just downright silly. :think: General keep an eye on that pot to be sure no poison ivy grows in there! That would be a bad situation! :crying:

General Apathy

post-344-1284810864.jpg

I found this topic very interesting prior to the recent postings. Now its just downright silly. :think: General keep an eye on that pot to be sure no poison ivy grows in there! That would be a bad situation! :crying:

OK Kevin's right here, so I have had another delve in the shoebox and brought out a few small trinkets.

This ones a ' three sons ' in service brooch for the Air-corp.

ken

General Apathy

post-344-1284811037.jpg

post-344-1284811072.jpg

Cont ........................

Here's an early war Air-Corp ' sweetheart ' compact, I have a few more compacts and other things to post later this evening. :thumbsup:

ken

post-344-1284810864.jpg

OK Kevin's right here, so I have had another delve in the shoebox and brought out a few small trinkets.

This ones a ' three sons ' in service brooch for the Air-corp.

ken

Very nice carded piece Ken. I've got another USAAF variant, plus a USN one. If I can locate them I'll add them to the thread.

Ian

General Apathy
Very nice carded piece Ken. I've got another USAAF variant, plus a USN one. If I can locate them I'll add them to the thread.

Ian

Hi Ian, that would be nice thanks, better try and find a tank destroyer one if you can, I just spotted Jeeper704 was reading the topic, you know how he bleets on if there's no destroyer stuff. :lol::lol:

ken

Hi Ian, that would be nice thanks, better try and find a tank destroyer one if you can, I just spotted Jeeper704 was reading the topic, you know how he bleets on if there's no destroyer stuff. :lol::lol:

ken

Best I can do there Ken is post some carded WW2 Officers' TD collar brass from Desmond's of California?

Ian

Hi Ian, that would be nice thanks, better try and find a tank destroyer one if you can, I just spotted Jeeper704 was reading the topic, you know how he bleets on if there's no destroyer stuff.

ken

Yup, he does! :P

Here is a sweetheart bracelet I recently obtained.

It will be part of my gift for my Fiancée's Birthday.

SweetheartBianca.jpg

Erwin

post-551-1284825294.jpg

Since my shoebox is much smaller than Lewis's this is all I have to show. A small enameled sons in service pin. Now it shows the colors of British, US and France I'm wondering if its WWI. Although the Free French fought along side the Allies in WWII the government was Vichy and had surrendered to the Nazi's. So I wonder if WWII pins would have shown the French Flag. Correct me if I'm wrong. I looked in Doughboy to GI all the way to page 522 and couldn't find one like it. Robert

General Apathy

post-344-1284829773.jpg

post-344-1284829808.jpg

post-551-1284825294.jpg

Since my shoebox is much smaller than Lewis's this is all I have to show. A small enameled sons in service pin. Now it shows the colors of British, US and France I'm wondering if its WWI. Although the Free French fought along side the Allies in WWII the government was Vichy and had surrendered to the Nazi's. So I wonder if WWII pins would have shown the French Flag. Correct me if I'm wrong. I looked in Doughboy to GI all the way to page 522 and couldn't find one like it. Robert

Hi Robert, thanks for adding your unusual three flag service pin, I have some multi-flag pins but not ' son in service ' ones. :thumbsup:

The attached image above you might recognise page 249 ;)

Thanks Ian & Erwin for adding your items, look forward to the TD insignia being added later ( hankies out Erwin )

ken

Hi Ken...well, if that's ok with you, here are the WW2 TD Officers' collar devices for Erwin. (Actually..I did post them in another forum about about 9-10 months ago, but there may be newer members reading this now who won't have seen them then? Apologies to the "regulars"!)

post-8022-1284832802.jpg post-8022-1284832818.jpg

Ian

General Apathy

post-344-1284837942.jpg

Hi Ken...well, if that's ok with you, here are the WW2 TD Officers' collar devices for Erwin.

Ian

Hi Ian, nice officers set on the card. ;)

From the shoebox, a set of salt, pepper and mustard pot engraved with U.S. Army, sadly no date no makers marks

possibility of WWI to WWII judging by the design and the engraving. I have no idea if this is a one off item or if there were more done for sale to servicemen through px or local jewellery store type outlet.

ken