Norman D. Landing

bilko1

General Apathy

Normandy finds . . . . . . . . . .

Today I spotted this WW2 Dodge conversion sat in a building constructors yard, no one to make enquiries with, so I can't give any further information on it only that has recently appeared there

Norman D. landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, November 18 2015.

post-344-0-21192400-1447885619.jpg

Johan Willaert

The WC Series Dodge above is an early 1950s conversion of the standard WW2 WC54 Ambulance allowing for more room and working space...

Type is S7MA51

Normandy finds . . . . . . . . . .

Today I spotted this WW2 Dodge conversion sat in a building constructors yard, no one to make enquiries with, so I can't give any further information on it only that has recently appeared there

Norman D. landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, November 18 2015.

I have a very small picture of my Father standing by his Ambulance during WWII in Ansback Germany. I don't have the skills to scan/save/and post is lacking. I might send it to my son and have him do it.

Great Info Johan. Since I never knew the man (long Story) I don't have much info on him. I know he went over as a medic(ambulance driver) wit the 16th AD. Since he went over very late in the war he transferred to the 1st ID. Speaking german he worked with German POW ending up in Nurenberg. He then came home and stayed in the Army transfered to the Air Force and retred to Arkansas

General Apathy

The WC Series Dodge above is an early 1950s conversion of the standard WW2 WC54 Ambulance allowing for more room and working space...

Type is S7MA51

Hi Johan, many thanks for the i.d. on the Dodge ambulance, pity that it's a post war build and will not really fit into 1944 events around here.

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, November 19 2015.

General Apathy

I have a very small picture of my Father standing by his Ambulance during WWII in Ansback Germany. I don't have the skills to scan/save/and post is lacking. I might send it to my son and have him do it.

Hi Robert, great wartime shot of your father stood with the ambulance, and more thanks for sharing it with us here.

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, November 19 2015.

General Apathy

Tour de France cycle race 2016, Normandy . . . . . . . . . .

The Tour de France passes through Normandy in 2016 including Ste Mere Eglise, Carentan, St Marie Eglise, Utah Beach amongst the towns being visited .

http://www.tourdefrance-manche.co.uk/tour-de-france-2016/stage-1/

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, November 20 2015.

General Apathy

Normandy find two days ago . . . . . . .

two days ago I was asked to help move furniture out of the house of a recently deceased Frenchman who lived locally. Most of the stuff that I was being asked to help with was heading for the dump, this trench-art 105MM shell base light was amongst the dump stuff and I asked if it was OK to take it, so something else I have to find a space for . . . . .

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, November 21 2015.

post-344-0-01474700-1448112133.jpg

General Apathy

Hawkeye Lewis strikes again! :D

Hi Ian, well ole ' Hawkeye ' strikes again today, ten planks of rusty PSP matting in the driveway of a farm . . . . . .

didn't get them didn't see anyone to speak to.

bitter winds here today fired up the old log burner.

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, November 21 2015.

post-344-0-57114100-1448124728.jpg

General Apathy

No need Robert...he's just laid two tons of gravel on there!!

Hi Ian, no-no I didn't lay three ton of gravel, I ' shovelled ' three ton of gravel . . . . . . . . . .

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, November 25 2015.

General Apathy

For the Shoebox . . . . . . . . .

Just added these 1942 and a 1943 bottles of coke to my collection to join the 1944 bottle I already had :love:

post-344-0-68245300-1448445400.jpg

General Apathy

Wonder if 1940s Coca-Cola tasted just like 21st century Coca-Cola? :huh:

Hi Ian, well don't we just get drawn into it once we start collecting, now I have 42, 43, 44 bottles I suppose I have to search for ones dated 40, 41, 45 to cover the war years ????????????? :unsure:

just don't show me anything WW1 dated. :lol:

General Apathy

Ken...have you got a 1940 dated bottle of Tizer?! :D

Hi Ian, just checked the soda shelf there's no 1940 ' Tizer ', even some of the wine appears to be out of date when I looked 1995, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2013 . . . . .. . . .. . . . . . . :lol:^_^

post-344-0-65398200-1448450335.jpg

You've evidently embraced la vie Francais! I'll swear some of those bottles were there last time I came over! I think it's what's known as "laying down a cellar"! :D

BTW...for the benefit of Ken's non-British readers I should explain that Tizer was a very popular British pop when Ken and I were both in our teens!

post-8022-0-99483900-1448451405.png

General Apathy

You've evidently embraced la vie Francais! I'll swear some of those bottles were there last time I came over! I think it's what's known as "laying down a cellar"! :D

Hi Ian, you're right there were bottles there when you last visited, but let me assure you they do get rotated, used would be another good word . . . . . . . . . . :rolleyes:^_^

I cooked lunch for friends on Sunday and a couple of the bottles disappeared quite easily, its France don't you know, I will be having lunch at neighbors on Saturday, and of course wine for the table will be taken.

General Apathy

What about some Sloe Gin, Ken....c. 2014 vintage?! ;)

Hi Ian, didn't bother last year very poor harvest in the garden, still slurping through the 2009 vintage when there was an abundance of sloes. This year is a bumper crop, lots of people say that it's a sign of a hard winter when the trees are laden with berries, hence this week I have three cord of logs being delivered, these will be stacked for next winter while I use up my existing stocks.