USMC Small Dagger VLA 689/9

seebee1

I would like to know if this is a genuine Knife or possibly a fantasy. If it is genuine then what was its purpose and when used? Many thanks, Clive.

post-1567-1325510066.jpg

I do like the sheath,looks like someone copied a old OSS soe

Type sew in tab design. Thumb dagger ,lapel daggers etc used them.

Also this is NOT a ww2 era "frisk" type knife.

Thanks for the comments, not at all unexpected. I also did not like the poor quality of the stampings on the leather and the top of the blade, but it was worthwhile having it checked out. Possibly someone who served in the USMC made it themselves, certainly not from a professional manufacturer, but fairly well made. I still quite like it, also the comment about it not being a WW2 era "frisk" knife, I may post one of those another time! Thanks again, regards, Clive.

Possibly someone who served in the USMC made it themselves, certainly not from a professional manufacturer, but fairly well made.

Clive,

I believe it's an inexpensive factory made throw knife. As far as the markings on the knife, they could have also have been been put on there by someone either day-dreaming, or trying to pass it as a USMC issue knife. But, if you like it for what it is, that's what matters. ;)