SOS - Photo's From The Front!

Bugme

Brian Dentino
Hey Brig, I have a few EGA [hotos for you .... just have to transfer them from cell phone later.

Scott and I kind of cornered Joe Kravets for the photo outside my table :lol:

Had an awesome time at the show and i recommend it to anyone who has doubts about going.

Glad to be home, yep, i was one of the ones who "bailed" early. :D

Carey

I just wanted to say Carey, I was hoping to hook up with you, but alas it didnt happen this time around. I did also get to meet and talk with several fellow forum members down there. Drooled over some of Adams medals, talked to Fritz, 37th, Dave, Sal, Bob G, TBMflyer, Mr.Jerry D, SgtDorango, zotig111 and many others. Great to meet and put faces and voices to those that I know so well on here. Missed meeting you Bugme.....maybe another time?

As for the USMC stuff Brig, at least when I was around, there was some stuff but nothing that came home with me. Sounds like there was a lot of dealings Thursday before us "non-dealer" types entered the fray. From what I saw, there were a few nice items, but at prices that are typical for a show I suppose......high in MHO.

Anyway, it was awesome and mind blowing and really something that any collector should experience at least once. I didn't come home with anything other than a real appreciation that there are still some KILLER items out there to be had.......just none of them came home with me this year but still had a great time and now can say that I have been to the "Big One"! Thanks to all for their kindness and good chats........

Looks like a great time was had by all...sorry I missed it this year, it would've been my first....unfortunately a change in plans in addition to a sudden winter storm (rare for us on the westcoast) kinda screwed up my plans. Oh well, hopefully next year, it would have been great to meet you all.

Congrats on some awesome pick ups...especially that sweet M1-C Mike! I think we'll just start calling you Mike1-C :lol:

Thanks for posting some great shots Scott!

regards to all,

Rick

Once agian I was unable to make the SoS, change in schedule would have allowed but didn't find out until Friday morning! Maybe next year? Anyways those of you that were the lucky ones able to make the show lets see what you dug up!

teufelhunde.ret
.... I have a few EGA [hotos for you .... just have to transfer them from cell phone later.

:thumbsup: Thank you, look forward to seeing the pic's!

Geez Brian, Sounds like you talked to everyone "BUT" me ........ :lol::lol:

Actually, i was so freekin busy i didn't have time to give you a call like i wanted.

The main thing was making the show, if you were there, THATS ALL THAT MATTERED,

(((Not to belittle the members who didn't or couldn't make it.)))

As stated before, (if possible)by all means try to make it in your lifetime.

Well, here are some pics of ------ PILE OF EGA's ----- for Brig,teufelhunde.ret and other ega collectors out there.

post-633-1298822288.jpg

post-633-1298822274.jpg

teufelhunde.ret
Well, here are some pics of ------ PILE OF EGA's ----- for Brig,teufelhunde.ret and other ega collectors out there.

:w00t: OMG - I would "sold the farm"...thx for the pic's!

..........The main thing was making the show, if you were there, THATS ALL THAT MATTERED,

..................by all means try to make it in your lifetime...............

Well, Thanks Carey!! :dry:

Ya' know...........some of us can't make those shows.Guess we're not with the "IN CROWD"! :pinch:

I'll bet you guys walk around with your entry pass around your neck for the next two weeks. :rolleyes:

Just incase someone didn't know you were at the SoS. ^_^

Next thing ya' know.......you will want to start a............ "Show of Shows attendees Forum"!! :P

Sour Grapes ??...............I don't even see all those vines!! :lol: :w00t:

That looks like the EGA display case from Flying Tiger Antiques so you folks on the West Coast can see them when the next show comes to Pomona

vintageshow.jpg

...so you folks on the West Coast can see them when the next show comes to Pomona

I wish I could attend the West Coast Show, I've never been to it. See Jack, we all have our cross to bear. ;)

there're some beauties in there...I wounder how many lifetime pairs just got tossed into the piles though...that makes me want to cry

there're some beauties in there...I wounder how many lifetime pairs just got tossed into the piles though...that makes me want to cry

I've often wondered that about DI's too. That's why I don't really collect them, because I would rather have the set.

This was my first trip to SOS, plus my best friend is stationed at Ft Knox-so I got 2 for 1. I finally got to put some faces to names and looks like I missed some familiar faces too

Here is my haul:

1. RARE 72 dated Chocolate Chip uniform: Shirt, pants, boonie hat , ruck cover, boots and camo scarf

2. Special Forces Wool shirt (Keeping for collection)

3. 2x RARE 3rd pattern 2 Quart rubberized canteen cover, bladder and thin strap (Keeping one for collection)

4. 2nd pattern 2 qrt canteen and bladder

5. White labled (68-69 dated) 3rd pattern 2 qrt cover nylon with canteen

6. "In country made" SF wing oval and wing (Keeping for collection)

7. El Salvador Army patches and Machete (Keeping for collection)

8. Military HALO helmet (Keeping for collection)

post-2368-1298839786.jpg

post-2368-1298839853.jpg

Here is my haul from SoS 2011... (pictures to follow)

1933 dated and named USMC dress blues with collar droop-wing EGAs, brown visor dress cover with 1936/37 EGA and expert rifleman and expert pistol badges

1944 dated 78th division/constabulary corps Ike. Includes rare constabulary tab with lazy "A" and 16th constabulary squadron ME patch

Named USMC good conduct medal grouping to China marine

Named WWI USMC good conduct medal grouping that includes a named and dated expert rifle badge

Headquarters Tientsin Kelly helmet with unit marings and punched EGA

USMC WWI HQ or trench art wall hanging. Includes hand painted unit battle streamers, hand embroidered divisional indian head with WWI victory and croix de guerre. All this is sewn on a USMC WWI blanket and cased in a leather portfolio case

M1 fixed bail front seam unpainted clips stone mint helmet. This is an all-inclusive BEAUTIFUL helmet (thanks just a good old boy, sgt dorango and 37th guy)!

2 WWI split brooch named purple hearts (one ID'd to a 29th ID vet, the other unresearched)

An off uniform WWII 83rd chemical mortar Bn SSI

An off uniform felt Japanese War Crimes Trial SSI

WWI veteran pis cutter with velvet 3rd ID SSI and 6 stars

USMC 1976 dated mint sateen blouse

USMC sateen "Gomer Pyle" blouse named with laundry tags

Needless to say it was an awesome show!!!!

Now I'll try adding pictures. I apologize for the quality, I am no photographer.

Tom

post-8230-1298840097.jpg

More pics...

This one was at the MAX show last fall. I really really wanted it then but it was high.

I'm glad it went to a good collection!

Can you post closeups of it? That's the one inside a little leather document case, right?