Pederson Device

robinb

I've owned this Device for 20 years. In fact I'm using the old pics for this new post about it. Anyway, I'm happy to report that after all these years of waiting I finally was able to add the metal carrying case to the collection.

pd1.JPG

pd2.JPG

pd3.JPG

pd4.JPG

pd5.JPG

pd6.JPG

I remember as a kid that Hayes O. in Montana was advertising that he would pay $1,000 for one of those. I was really excited when I found one of these that had been milled in half. Hayes didn't want it, so I didn't get rich. These are REALLY tough to find. Congrats on the pick up.

Allan

More patient then I could ever be.

Great set up, have you actually used it?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The only way to get the scabbard is with patients. You don't just make a phone call to buy one.

The only way to get the scabbard is with patients. You don't just make a phone call to buy one.

That's what makes it fun.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Never having seen one in real life, the pictures are great for such a hard item to find. As for patience, I have several long term projects spanning over 5 years, but I don't know if I could go 20 years.

Very nice....all of that is a collection in itself. It’s cool that you have all the extra bits like the ammo and packaging.

I know someone who had one in the 80s who sold it back then, never got to see it in the flesh.

I remember when you came to the Mail Call set and let the Gunny fire your device. "First time ever on TV"! Quite a day!

Congrats on the acquisition! And for holding the world record for 'patience'.

Rob L.

robinb- What a prize you have! That's about as rare as things get. I thought they were relegated to a few museums. You even have the ammo. Totally impressed. Thanks for showing. SKIP

RobL mentioned MailCall. Funny anecdote; while filming Gunny shoot the thing RobL, the cameraman and the sound man were doing their jobs while I stood close by watching it all happen. After one shot was fired the floor plate on the magazine popped off and fell to the ground. No one saw it happen but me. I immediately yelled for everyone to stand still while I dropped to the grassy, leaf covered ground, to find it. No damage was done, and it was an easy fix.

That is a rare and awesome set up. Not many seen these days. Mainly because those that have them tend to keep them.

Congrats on finding the carry case.

Thanks for sharing those pic's it looks to be in very fine condition.

Semper Fi

Phil

• 2 months later...

Robin,

Very nice Pedersen devise. Congratulation.

There is currently a PD for sale on gunbroker.. I will attempt to post a link.

This device doesn't have anything stamped on the top of unit and the mag is incorrect.

Has the Pedersen ever been reproed. What is your opinion of the one on GB.

Jim C

Sorry,--unable to provide link.

Robin,

Very nice Pedersen devise. Congratulation.

There is currently a PD for sale on gunbroker.. I will attempt to post a link.

This device doesn't have anything stamped on the top of unit and the mag is incorrect.

Has the Pedersen ever been reproed. What is your opinion of the one on GB.

Jim C

Sorry,--unable to provide link.

pretty cool to see someone has a real one

Pretty sure there are no repros, as all the blueprints got lost didn't they?

i guess if you had one you could 3D print it and make them