• Donate

Type donation amount in box below.

IMPORTANT! If you donate via PayPal using an e-mail address different than the one you are currently using on USMF and would like a 2022 Donor Icon added to your account, you MUST CONTACT vintageproductions or stratasfan and let them know what email address was used for the donation.

Thank you for supporting USMF.

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recent Posts

• bulldog06
      Thank you Kevin. That info is very helpful. Mike
    • chippnw
      I found this symbol on a necktie, i was wondering if anyone knows if it is military?
    • KevinBeyer
      An important part of studying Veterans' Organizations is learning how the vets governed them.  I am always on the lookout for every version of the Legion of Valor's Constitution and By-laws and this is the first one I have come across.  It explains the two classes of membership in the form of First Class Companions (medal awardee) and Associate (first born son) Companions.  There was also a provision for the Associate Companion to be elevated to a First Class Companion.    
    • EdMajor1955
    • warguy
      Hi Mike, I have an untouched large grouping I acquired many years ago for a Marine awarded the Army style DSC in WWI. Two years later, he received the first pattern NC mailed to him after WWI. The group is untouched, never in a collectors hands. I can tell you yes, the white stripe is more narrow than later versions. The ribbon bar itself is not the wider Navy version we are all familiar with but the “Army” style thinner version seen with all Army ribbon awards from the WWI time period. I received two ribbons (single, he never mounted them as he left the military after WWI). The ribbons themselves are pin back. One ribbon was with the medal in its original BB&B marked blue box. Sorry the group is in storage as I am moving so I cant take exact measurements for you, but hopefully the description gives you the answer. Good luck. Kevin
    • varifleman
    • General Apathy
      . Spotted whilst passing by . . . . . . .    Saturday when we went to recover Mikes hot-rod from a garage that had rebuilt the gearbox for him we drove through this small village and the photo's displayed along a fence of wartime US correspondents that were based at the chateau just outside the village.  I returned today to grab some photos for the forum of the display before it disappears.                          Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent,   June 16  2024.    ...
    • m1helmetnerd
    • byf41
    • Spartan19
      I wouldn't really call that late stage of the war. No one knew that by mid August 1945 the war would be over. Not to mention he was Killed in April. I have seen ones from June-July 1945 and I am fairly certain that Americans were killed during the clearing up process after the war ended. Either due to accidents or by mines ect. It's easy to feel sorry for them and the family but keep in mind that we were planning on invading Main land Japan and the estimated casualties were in the millions.
  • * While this forum is partially supported by our advertisers, we make no claim nor endorsement of authenticity of the products which these advertisers sell. If you have an issue with any advertiser, please take it up with them and not with the owner or staff of this forum.