• Donate

Type donation amount in box below.

IMPORTANT! If you donate via PayPal using an e-mail address different than the one you are currently using on USMF and would like a 2022 Donor Icon added to your account, you MUST CONTACT vintageproductions or stratasfan and let them know what email address was used for the donation.

Thank you for supporting USMF.

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recent Posts

• General Apathy
      . Hi AG,   thanks for the comments on the correspondents post, here is the actual chateau that they stayed at.  Next time I am passing I will call in at the chateau I believe they still have the room available to view for those interested, perhaps I will pass on a bottle of red for their kindness, I intend to drop a letter of thanks into the post-box of the house for their efforts displaying the correspondents photos...         Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent,   June 16  2024.    ...    
    • cerick1450
      Hello This came from a local family, who's greatgrandfather was a Captain in the Union Army.  It came with a note pinned to it from 1901 stating the location and date of his commission in Philadelphia.  Any concerns?  (Per family request, I did not post the name.) Thank you  
    • GWS
      Unlike the Colt models which list a shipped date and usually a destination, the Clawson book shows only the number of pistols completed by  Remington-UMC with a week ending date. I added them from the first week of production, week ending Aug. 10,1918 to Dec. 7, 1918 and came up with 10,014 total to Dec.7 (21,676 were completed by May 24, 1919) so your pistol S/N 9808 was completed during the week ending Dec. 7, 1918. There were 1478 pistols completed that week, which was the largest number of pistols ever completed in one week for all Remington-UMC production during 1918-19. The left side of the frame should have initials EEC with eagles head and either E1 or E28. The upper left side of the trigger guard and also forward of the slide stop should have an E stamp also. The barrel should be marked with a P on top of the chamber or on the right barrel lug(early models). There should also be an E on the bottom of the mainspring housing.  Hope this helps somewhat, the slide info would need close-up photos to determine it's age. Thanks for posting.       Steve
    • M113 driver
      Air Pilot survival hnives
    • CandaceStonestreet86
      From there I take that info to find a grave, ancestry, and newspapers dot com. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. There are also Fighter group and bomb group Associations databases that I use as cross reference.
    • skylog6
      Agree, the pictures don't do the finish justice.
    • CandaceStonestreet86
      I try to narrow it down as much as I can, eventually I find a match or it's a dead end. This particular one has 41 possible matches on that laundry number. I can narrow it further by state, the state the hat came from is New York. There is a possibility that it didn't originally come out of that state but narrowing it to state gives me 7 matches and two of those are women, so that narrows it further to 5 possibilities. Out of those 5 I have a really good match, but I'll keep digging till I find something.  
    • American Graffiti
      Hi Ken, Great post, well spotted and thanks for stopping to record it. Some famous names in there for sure, and there's even ole Walter Concrete😆 Looks you had a great D-Day 80th, thanks for all the reports for those of us who can't make it👍 AG
    • bulldog06
      Thank you Kevin. That info is very helpful. Mike
    • chippnw
      I found this symbol on a necktie, i was wondering if anyone knows if it is military?
  • * While this forum is partially supported by our advertisers, we make no claim nor endorsement of authenticity of the products which these advertisers sell. If you have an issue with any advertiser, please take it up with them and not with the owner or staff of this forum.