• Donate

Type donation amount in box below.

IMPORTANT! If you donate via PayPal using an e-mail address different than the one you are currently using on USMF and would like a 2022 Donor Icon added to your account, you MUST CONTACT vintageproductions or stratasfan and let them know what email address was used for the donation.

Thank you for supporting USMF.

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recent Posts

• varifleman
    • General Apathy
      . Spotted whilst passing by . . . . . . .    Saturday when we went to recover Mikes hot-rod from a garage that had rebuilt the gearbox for him we drove through this small village and the photo's displayed along a fence of wartime US correspondents that were based at the chateau just outside the village.  I returned today to grab some photos for the forum of the display before it disappears.                          Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent,   June 16  2024.    ...
    • m1helmetnerd
    • byf41
    • Spartan19
      I wouldn't really call that late stage of the war. No one knew that by mid August 1945 the war would be over. Not to mention he was Killed in April. I have seen ones from June-July 1945 and I am fairly certain that Americans were killed during the clearing up process after the war ended. Either due to accidents or by mines ect. It's easy to feel sorry for them and the family but keep in mind that we were planning on invading Main land Japan and the estimated casualties were in the millions.
    • EdMajor1955
      Dated to April 6th 1950 inside, has a “pattern date” of May 1946 though.
    • Big Iron
      I use the WWII-Enlistment.com site frequently, I was just wondering how someone would really go about narrowing down the name if you didn't have a roster to cross reference.
    • Skelsey
      Hello, my name is Scott Kelsey and I came upon this post after looking for this exact ring for my mother in law. She was separated from this ring in the late 70s and recently talked about wishing she had it after she retired from the FAA this past year. She served 25 years in the Air Force as an air traffic controller. She later worked for FAA and like I stated retired last year in August. Hoping I can gain any information on the whereabouts of this ring and hopefully reunite her with the ring.   My name is Scott Kelsey and currently serve in United States Army for 24 years now. 
    • digi-shots
      To sure I can help but the triangle design is for the Armored Division.   i see some numbers scratched but it does not look complete.. there should be more numbers for veteran’s service number
    • digi-shots
      Nice find..  you said it is dated to April 1950?  I would have thought it was an earlier WWII one.  It looks like it has the older style front flap closure and sleeve cuffs.
  • * While this forum is partially supported by our advertisers, we make no claim nor endorsement of authenticity of the products which these advertisers sell. If you have an issue with any advertiser, please take it up with them and not with the owner or staff of this forum.