• Donate

Type donation amount in box below.

IMPORTANT! If you donate via PayPal using an e-mail address different than the one you are currently using on USMF and would like a 2022 Donor Icon added to your account, you MUST CONTACT vintageproductions or stratasfan and let them know what email address was used for the donation.

Thank you for supporting USMF.

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recent Posts

• Allan H.
      Very cool collection of MRE's! To pass along a little MRE story to you- During Operation Desert Storm, when we started taking Iraqi POWs, we were not prepared for them at all. The few MPs on the ground near Log Base Saudi South quickly threw up some wire and some tents to house the Iraqis. The MPs only had MREs to feed the POWs, and in very little time, the Iraqis would come running to the fence when the trucks came with MREs. They would scream "NUMBER EIGHT! NUMBER 8!" because they wanted the ham slice MRE.   As everyone knows, Muslims are not allowed to eat pork, so the US soldiers were instructed to pull the #1 Pork with Rice in BBQ Sauce, #4 Omelet with Ham, #8 Ham Slice, and the #12 Scalloped Potatoes with Ham. and to not serve them to the POWs. The POWs got VERY upset. When the MPs tried to explain why they took out the Iraqis' favorite MRE, they were told by the Iraqis that it was OK to eat the ham slice if they didn't know it was pork.   I had a Saudi officer who LOVED the tin cans of cooked bacon that came in the breakfast rations. When I mentioned that it was a problem, he said it wasn't a problem because he couldn't read English! He spoke (and read and wrote English as well as any American).   One last little tidbit, the boxes that MREs come in are pretty sturdy and they have an outer sleeve. These made OUTSTANDING storage drawers for soldiers to keep their person effects inside. The dust would stay out of the box better than it stayed out of your duffle bag.   Allan
    • Big Iron
      I'm sorry, but this is highly inaccurate and overly dramatic.   You can buy and sell 3rd Reich items in Germany. You can own them without risk of "high fines and police problems". The problem for Germans is when they OPENLY display them in a light that reflects positively on the 3rd Reich.   One of the biggest dealers online in 3rd Reich memorabilia is named Helmut Weitze and he has a store in Hamburg open to the public that you can walk into and purchase items out of. I know this because I did it. I bought a Gold Wound Badge as my "souvenir" of Germany on that particular trip.   Again, it's not illegal to own these items in Germany. You just are prohibited from flaunting them in a positive manner.
    • P-59A
      Everything from the heated flight suit to the flight suit  is correct on this. Take your time and buy smart. Also buy a shorter maniquine when you get around to it, 6 foot is too tall, they make shorter ones. Hunt Ebay with a plan to buy smart. Know what you want before you buy.
    • Rakkasan187
      Remember them all...   Leigh 
    • Vertol
      Hello,   Here is a grouping of all Gulf War MRE menus: 01 – Pork with Rice in BBQ Sauce 02 – Corned Beef Hash 03 – Chicken Stew 04 – Omelet with Ham 05 – Spaghetti with Meat and Sauce 06 – Chicken Ala King07 – Beef Stew 08 – Ham Slice 09 – Meatballs, Beef and Rice, in Tom. Sauce 10 – Tuna with Noodles 11 – Chicken and Rice 12 – Escalloped Potatoes with Ham   Regards,          
    • Vertol
      Hello,   Does anyone has an idea concerning the use of the following small bag? It has no (visible) marking except the "DOT" on the snap fastener.   Thanks in advance. Regards,      
    • Vertol
      Thank you, that's clear. Where do you find info about companies?
    • 268th C.A.
      Beautiful little group there!   
    • aef1917
      Here's your guy.  
    • Sailorjerry45
      I have found a few of the other items that came with this medal and just wanted to update the thread.            
  • * While this forum is partially supported by our advertisers, we make no claim nor endorsement of authenticity of the products which these advertisers sell. If you have an issue with any advertiser, please take it up with them and not with the owner or staff of this forum.