• Donate

Type donation amount in box below.

IMPORTANT! If you donate via PayPal using an e-mail address different than the one you are currently using on USMF and would like a 2022 Donor Icon added to your account, you MUST CONTACT vintageproductions or stratasfan and let them know what email address was used for the donation.

Thank you for supporting USMF.

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recent Posts

• illinigander
      They are not- I do not know how to do that. illinigander
    • Chas100
      I purchased quite a few of these from the CMP North Store when they were available. At the time Mr Cunningham was still with us. He had suggested to me to open the box, these were repacks with new unissued sealed bayonets and repacked scabbards. He did not suggest to open the bayonet but to unwrap and inspect the scabbards. I was able to peal the sealing tape back on a few. Around 10 of the boxes I purchased from the store had the same numbers and dates and all had M8 scabbard’s. Most were modified in different ways but all needed a little wipe down as the scabbard’s had a white substance, some type of storage product I suppose but I’m glad I took his advice. I do have quite a few boxes I have yet to open.    Mr Cunningham did not think it would effect the value by opening them up to inspect ( not the bayonet ) since they were repacks 
    • Rhscott
      Most likely done by those that needed or had access to the pins.  The only “useful” thing I can think of is to have one handy to make safe a grenade or bouncing Betty mine used as a booby trap that person might encounter.
    • Rhscott
      I see a total of 2 that are not front/back aluminum.  One top/bottom steel and one top/bottom enamel. Nice early Bakelite caps on some.
    • doyler
      US Marines refill their canteens on Saipan    June 1944 LIFE Magazine Archives - W. Eugene Smith Photographer  
    • sigsaye
      The “Sea Going Uniform company, was in busy from 1946-2010. With the hook and eyes, and being cotton, pre 1984. 
    • kiaiokalewa
      FYI, and later on next week (probably Tuesday, 6/19/24, about 9:00am PST) I'll be posting all of these patches FOR SALE on the forums Shoulder Insignia  sub-forum.     A Hui Hou,   John
    • Hayman
      I found this set at a local antique store today. Does anyone have an idea of the date on these?   Thanks in advance, Hayman    
    • doyler
      Its always fun to see what others find and have a good discussion. Posting is a good thing. Everybody gets to learn something and thats a big part of the hobby. I learn something pretty much every day as it's an ongoing process. I just don't focus a lot on listed prices or very seldom comment on values or prices as most of the stuff is subjective price wise and worth is typically an agreement between a buyer and seller. Auction prices are fueled a lot by the urge to "win" and emotions get involved.I see less and less discussed about an items history or use at events I attend and more and more its just a discussion about money or how much someone sold. But such is how the hobby has evolved the last several years.
    • Threewood
      How about these Flight Surgeon wings? Sterling marked, one piece, pin back. Maker and ww2 or post ww2?
  • * While this forum is partially supported by our advertisers, we make no claim nor endorsement of authenticity of the products which these advertisers sell. If you have an issue with any advertiser, please take it up with them and not with the owner or staff of this forum.