• Donate

Type donation amount in box below.

IMPORTANT! If you donate via PayPal using an e-mail address different than the one you are currently using on USMF and would like a 2022 Donor Icon added to your account, you MUST CONTACT vintageproductions or stratasfan and let them know what email address was used for the donation.

Thank you for supporting USMF.

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recent Posts

• General Apathy
      . Hi Patches,   I'm sure that many of us on here miss our friend Ian Phillips aka ' Sabrejet ', Ian and myself had daily off-forum discussions about militaria for the forty years that I knew Ian long before we both joined the forum.   I see that the initial poster ' RayRay ' was on-line twenty minutes ago so hopefully he has gone chase up the e'Bay link I posted from a UK friend.    regards lewis.   ...
    • otter42
    • Timberwolf
      Nice little group! Never seen a Greek Orthodox marked tag!
    • gitana
      I'm interested in infographics and was familiar with this from the example the Holocaust Museum has posted online, so grabbed it when I had the chance. It's an original poster clarifying the 1935 Law for the Protection of German Blood (blood purity law), describing pure aryan, mixed bloods, and Jews, and which marriages were permitted or forbidden. The note on the back of the poster says, "From Julius Streicher's office in Nuremberg, 1945."    It was from the estate of Earle Randall, formerly of the Counter Intelligence Corps.  As of 1940 he had three degrees from Harvard, all in Romance languages. He entered service in 1943, was discharged around 1946, and stayed with the American Military government until 1948. In 1945 he was stationed in Nuremberg as an Agent with CIC Detachment 970/7. I don't have much information on Randall's wartime service, only enough to establish he was there in 1945.    The Nazis had forced Streicher to leave Nuremberg but he was still associated with the newspaper Der Stürmer, the main office of which was in the city. He 'retired' to his country estate, Pleikershof, a few miles outside of Nuremberg. After the war there was a vast multitude of books, art, papers, etc at both locations, and both were regularly looted by soldiers even before the CIC art historians and the German officials helping were able to secure them. So the poster could have come from either location.   The poster is the same size as the one at the Holocaust museum (about 4 feet wide) but the edges are intact. It was originally taped and folded, and kept in a large envelope, which actually helped it retain its original color. It was then conserved to remove the tape and folds, but with only a minimum amount of restoration, leaving tears and holes and residue. The conservator re-aligned the torn pieces and used archival adhesive on the rear.    I have seen only two examples of this size online. It may not interest many people, or may be a scarce item, but directly from Streicher's office is quite a souvenir. Maybe there is a photo of either location showing this poster on the wall - that would be really neat.      Pre-conservation (laid across a dining room table)           Post conservation and framing (there is some glare in the glass)    
    • USMC_COLLECTOR
      These are the photos taken from our army highlands reenactment from a period Nikon camera. Everything I have is original except the socks. Let me know what you think, and what we can improve for next time!
    • USMC_COLLECTOR
      Hello! With more people in my group getting flaks we decided to finally do a Huê city reenactment. Here are the photos we took, let me know what you think so we can improve for next time! Every photo here was taken on a vintage Nikon camera with correct color film. 
    • doyler
      I had seen a post either here or another forum where a MKll was returned to Gerber I recall with broken cross guard. They replaced the handle and restored the knife.  
    • VNAMVET70
      opseccc, Thank you for the compliment. It was a fun project.
    • Backtheattack
      Great theme, great collection and collection room.
    • otter42
      I got this group in a local auction, and picked it up before the flea Market.  Sorry should had explained that.  And thanks for the rosary link, I had read about it but wasn't clear if they used them or not.
  • * While this forum is partially supported by our advertisers, we make no claim nor endorsement of authenticity of the products which these advertisers sell. If you have an issue with any advertiser, please take it up with them and not with the owner or staff of this forum.