• Donate

Type donation amount in box below.

IMPORTANT! If you donate via PayPal using an e-mail address different than the one you are currently using on USMF and would like a 2022 Donor Icon added to your account, you MUST CONTACT vintageproductions or stratasfan and let them know what email address was used for the donation.

Thank you for supporting USMF.

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recent Posts

• norwegian blue
      An early bird view to the queue at the Ecausseville gun show this is at the airship hangar site parking lot almot crammed, attendance is international 
    • patches
      Found this great shot.   Two members of the 1st Airborne Battle Group 501st Infantry 8th Infantry Division out in the field in West Germany early 1961.
    • mortaydc60
      I am glad Bob that you agree with me that the tab was something special and reason I made the post in the first place. I guess our only disagreement is on value. The most important thing is the unusal tab being known to the forum.
    • patches
      Yep they were made, here are two examples of these Subdued with OD Borders (Saunders sells them).
    • S.ChrisKelly
      One last thought, in reference to Post#34...   Air Crew Europe Stars were always expensive and hard to find.  Sometime in  mid-1980s, I bought one from Blunderbuss Antiques [formerly, 29 Thayer St, London W1U 2QW, United Kingdom, now "permanently closed"] for £75 GBP.     The image below, from Liverpool Medals, is a good one, and the web-site lists it currently in stock for a whopping £375 GBP.  The web-site listed in "sources" is a good primer for detecting fake Air Crew Europe Stars, something we didn't face in collecting during Margaret Thatcher's time as Prime Minister.   Decades ago, and even now, I wonder why that is...  Today, you can't give Africa and Italy Stars away, and 1939-1945 Stars, War and Defence Medals don't sell either.  No-one buys Burma and Pacific Stars. The Atlantic Star has always been borderline elusive.  After all, Great Britain is a maritime nation even if Britannia no longer rules the waves.   Why so, the apparent enigma of the Air Crew Europe Star?  Is it the association with "The Few"? Bomber Command?  Somehow, this question has remained in spite of the passage of time.   Sources: 1.  https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/staff/hartleyi/acediscussion.htm   2. https://www.liverpoolmedals.com/product/aircrew-europe-star-original  
    • patches
      A late 60s 6th Army Goof.
    • patches
      Well lookie here what I found online, clearly added to a 50s-60s 1st Pattern Shirt LOL.
    • pfrost
      I have no crystal ball, but what i have been observing on eBay recently...  I think they sky's the limit. 
    • CandaceStonestreet86
      This uniform belonged to Ralph Johnson England, he was in the 487th Bomb Group stationed at RAF Lavenham in England. He was a ground crew technician, mainly working on the electrical components for the turrets. The research I did on him was updated and added to both American Air Museum and 487th Bomb Group Association websites. The Discharge Records I received from the National Archives and were almost destroyed by a fire and show in the photocopies burns around the edges.  
    • FT.Monmouth1943
      I think I’m going to try to put them together as of now, but that could certainly change down the line haha. Doing this more as a learning experience since I don’t know much about these rifles, and this’ll force me to educate myself. So far after going over the parts, it seems that - aside from the stocks - the 1881 dated rifle is complete and the 1892 dated rifle is only missing a couple of small parts. 
  • * While this forum is partially supported by our advertisers, we make no claim nor endorsement of authenticity of the products which these advertisers sell. If you have an issue with any advertiser, please take it up with them and not with the owner or staff of this forum.