• Donate

Type donation amount in box below.

IMPORTANT! If you donate via PayPal using an e-mail address different than the one you are currently using on USMF and would like a 2022 Donor Icon added to your account, you MUST CONTACT vintageproductions or stratasfan and let them know what email address was used for the donation.

Thank you for supporting USMF.

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recent Posts

• Marshallj
      Last week in Virginia the B17 "Sentimental Journey" taxied into a parked fuel truck. 
    • Cobra 6 Actual
    • General Apathy
      . My 1943 Ford Jeep Manual.   I know I have made reference before about buying my first Jeep a Ford GPW, the seller worked at the Austin Motor Company in the UK before and during the closure of the factory.  He was moved from the production line when they stopped making cars and given the job of burning all the hundreds of worldwide manufacturers manuals from the technical library.  Owning the Jeep several of the US wartime manuals caught his attention and he took them home to save them from destruction.   This Ford manual being one of the manuals, the Austin logo is rubber stamped on the top right of the cover.       Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent,   June 17  2024.    ...
    • Escht
      Hi Ken That's a blast from the past........ prices back then reflected what I paid for a 3 ton box wagon full of original Jeep spares, several body tubs, windscreens, chassis and not forgetting the rolling chassis with engine and gearbox already 100% restored. Seem to recall you had a very happy few hours going through it all back at my unit in Lichfield. All came about after a hunt for a replacement engine for YOA 97 took me to a guy near Worksop who had been hoarding Jeep parts since the end of the war. He had stuff hidden away in several relatives garages and sheds and a farmers barn. He wouldn't sell me an engine but enjoyed showing us his rolling chassis restoration. On leaving I said if you ever do decide you want to sell anything give me a call. About 2 yrs later that call came in and the rest as they say was history.
    • pfrost
      eBay...  A pal (sorry, I can't recall which one) gave me a hat tip to this wing.
    • General Apathy
      . While talking Jeep details    Several years ago whilst walking Utah beach I found this cluster of sand that was washed ashore.  Looking at the underside of the cluster I recognised that it had built up over the years around the rubber support grommet off a Jeep cross-member that supports the Jeeps four-wheel drive transfer case.  Whilst looking through the spares this morning I pulled this new old stock rubber grommet to add to the photographs.            Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent,   June 17  2024.    ...  
    • GWS
      That grenade looks very scary!  I think I would have left it in the ground!  Whats up with that????     Steve
    • General Apathy
      . Jeep spares search today.    One of the items that I was searching for this morning was a new old stock grease nipple to replace a snapped one on a road spring grease shaft.  Not only did I find them, I found the sheet giving the price I paid for them £2.50 for twelve, and even the name of the person I bought them off, just missing a date of purchase on the paperwork.   I'm sure the seller will recognise his paperwork and hand-writing and deeply regret the prices he sold all this new old stock for back then.       Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent,   June 17  2024.    ...  
    • ABN Mortars
      Thank you Allan for the knowledge. I will put that in my notes.
    • Allan H.
      The metal background trimmings were popular in Germany in the 1950's. I would say that this wing and oval piece was German made in that timeframe. It is a striking example.   Allan
  • * While this forum is partially supported by our advertisers, we make no claim nor endorsement of authenticity of the products which these advertisers sell. If you have an issue with any advertiser, please take it up with them and not with the owner or staff of this forum.