• Donate

Type donation amount in box below.

IMPORTANT! If you donate via PayPal using an e-mail address different than the one you are currently using on USMF and would like a 2022 Donor Icon added to your account, you MUST CONTACT vintageproductions or stratasfan and let them know what email address was used for the donation.

Thank you for supporting USMF.

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recent Posts

• sactroop
      The knives made from 1976 until now use what is commonly referred to as a "blind pin" to hold the pommel to the tang.  The pin doesn't go completely thru the pommel but enters the pommel goes thru the tang and ends inside the other side of the pommel.  IMHO, I believe this was one of many differences Ka-Bar made in the recent knives to keep them apart from the WW2 originals.
    • USMCR79
      A newspaper article from 1938 indicated that he received disability payments from the military.
    • Goosenheimer
      … and a Retreads membership lapel pin, purchased on Ebay.
    • manayunkman
      Very interesting item and history.   Did they get disability for that sort of thing?
    • Thrifter_01
      Recently came into the mail, over a 50+ Photo Album of various planes and plane models taken by a USAF TSGT who worked ground crew, who sadly passed away recently in December of 2023. His grave has him marked as operating in the Persian Gulf, having participated in Desert Shield and Desert Storm, but the pictures were mostly taken stateside through the 1980's to early 1990's. Also came with a C5 manual when I asked the seller if they had any other air force memorabilia. Best part of the pictures are the ac130 pictures with a close up of the art on the side.  
    • Billyh
      Thanks for that mate   Billyh 
    • 5thwingmarty
      I looked at this wing and the seller's other listed wings, and the other sterling wings they have don't have an overall gold tint so I am guessing the tint non this wing is just as Bob suggested being from old yellowed lacquer.  A different seller has a nice looking actual gold-finished one listed too.
    • pfrost
      if you look at the circled area, it looks more like the four large feathers in the shoulder that are seen in LGB wings.   But one can always differ in how they see various smudges and smears. It's like a Rorschach Inkblot Test... LOL.  
    • USCapturephotos
      Oh man. That is special because of it's relation to Tarawa in my mind. Very cool.  Paul
    • Capt.Confederacy
      I decided to post this item, a captured Japanese baseball/Menko card, given the humble nature of it to show that literally anything would be taken as a souvenir.  Given the inscription on the back, i believe it was obtained by a Marine, and that this was taken in the middle of the Battle of Tarawa.
  • * While this forum is partially supported by our advertisers, we make no claim nor endorsement of authenticity of the products which these advertisers sell. If you have an issue with any advertiser, please take it up with them and not with the owner or staff of this forum.