• Donate

Type donation amount in box below.

IMPORTANT! If you donate via PayPal using an e-mail address different than the one you are currently using on USMF and would like a 2022 Donor Icon added to your account, you MUST CONTACT vintageproductions or stratasfan and let them know what email address was used for the donation.

Thank you for supporting USMF.

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recent Posts

• Kropotkin
      Thanks, John. I took a look at your article which was fascinating. I also brought home how scarce these patterns are.
    • JDR
      Greetings,   Wanted to give a quick update on the 12th Division uniform. Several weeks ago I picked up a copy of the 12th Division roster off Ebay and searched for the name of Walter Davis, the name found on the liner of the tunic. Using the medical collar disc on the coat as a guide to try and narrow down on a name, I found one Private Walter Davis assigned to the camp infirmary staff of Field Hospital No. 248, 12th Sanitary Train:   ROSTER, PLYMOUTH (12TH) DIVISION Pg. 127   Best Regards, -J.D.
    • Bull Moose
      I agree it would have been nice if everything could have stayed together as a group.  
    • warguy
      I looked once for holes and didn’t find them but will look again. Thanks for your thoughts. If I find the holes and can photo them I will post. Appreciate it!
    • 5thwingmarty
      I meant to ask, are there holes in the jacket where wings had been?  If there are that might potentially point to either LGB or Amcraft as the maker.  Companies tended to me pretty consistent to where they mounted their hardware.  Personally I am leaning towards the wings in the photo being LGB.  I see a bit of flare in the upper shield like the LGB wings have.  The Amcraft wings have less such flare.
    • Cpl. Punishment
      So, I believe I have figured out some of this man’s story. It appears that this man fought with the 771st TD Battalion until December 1944 when he was hospitalized. After hospitalization, he was transferred to the 850th Aviation Engineers as a mechanic.
    • yokota57
      U.S. Military Assistance Command, Vietnam "Saigon Enlisted Mess, Open". Japanese-made "W Dragon".
    • Cpl. Punishment
      So, I believe I have figured out some of this man’s story. It appears that this man fought with the 771st TD Battalion until December 1944 when he was hospitalized. After hospitalization, he was transferred to the 850th Aviation Engineers as a mechanic.
    • thorin6
      The knives and sheaths all look correct except for the third one with the odd grip.  That may be correct, but it would need someone who is an expert to confirm.  I didn't see amy markings on the guard nor flats on the blade just above the guard which would indicate a hand-ground blade, which is something I would expect on that particular FS Type.  Hopefully you've looked up the two or three web sites that provide a ton of information on these, such as:   http://www.gotavapen.se/gota/artiklar/fs/p2/fs_knife_p2.htm   https://www.fairbairnsykesfightingknives.com/    
    • Cpl. Punishment
  • * While this forum is partially supported by our advertisers, we make no claim nor endorsement of authenticity of the products which these advertisers sell. If you have an issue with any advertiser, please take it up with them and not with the owner or staff of this forum.