• Donate

Type donation amount in box below.

IMPORTANT! If you donate via PayPal using an e-mail address different than the one you are currently using on USMF and would like a 2022 Donor Icon added to your account, you MUST CONTACT vintageproductions or stratasfan and let them know what email address was used for the donation.

Thank you for supporting USMF.

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recent Posts

• Nooby416
      That is not a medic symbol, it's the insignia of the 33rd Division, there is a castle below it so the helmet was used by an engineer. There is a 1 before the 9.   Underneath the felt pad is an asbestos pad.
    • patches
      Also notice a JUNGLE EXPERT PP being worn, standing far left, since this photo is presumably in 1956-57, this would be the first time we're seeing it worn in the 50s.  
    • skylog6
      Very similar brooch. Wish I knew who the maker of my NSM was.   Here is my 1959 Department of the Army Decoration for Exceptional Civilian Service. I find the planchet very heavy, maybe a little heavier than a Purple Heart.   My only other pre 1980s civilian medal is a Vietnam Civilian Service Medal that's probably from the 1970s.   From the Army Institute of Heraldry “The medal was approved as the Exceptional Civilian Service Award by the War Department on 29 December 1945. In November 2014, the Secretary of the Army approved a modification to the Department of the Army Civilian Service Medals in order to make their nomenclature more consistent with their military equivalents. At that time the award was renamed the Distinguished Civilian Service Medal and the inscription on the reverse was changed accordingly. This award consists of a regular size medal, miniature size medal, service ribbon, lapel button and certificate.”
    • MedrickMilitaria
      I came across this patch on the Wisconsin Veterans Museum online archives and it intrigued me. It seemingly came from the collection of one Curt P. Drewes who served in the Coast Guard Auxiliary around 1944.  It could be Flotilla 4-9?   https://wisvetsmuseum.catalogaccess.com/objects/1714
    • patches
      One of the Armored or Mechanized Infantry units of the 25th inf Div in 1967
    • patches
      Going back eight year, the Berlin Brigade gets the new M14 Rifle issued, here troops handling the new weapon for the first time.
    • patches
      7th Medical Brigade 1969 West Germany, as Medical unit, interesting they all armed with Rifles, M14s still at that,
    • Bosley
      Picked this one up at an estate sale last week.  Looking for any info you may be able to provide about it, or if you could point me to a good place to learn the basics of these.  This is my first brodie-style helmet.   As you can see in the photos, it has a nice, rough texture.  There's a faint, but pretty clear painted black medic symbol, as well as a quite faint maroon-ish crown?  It's pretty askew, but also seems deliberate overall.  Does anyone recognize that symbol?   Unfortunately the strap is broken, and the leather deteriorated badly.  Other than that, and maybe some mild scratching/marking on the lid, the helmet is in pretty nice shape, including the liner.   Is this one of the asbestos helmets though?  Any suggestions about that?   The Heat Stamp is ZD95.  In doing some initial research, it seemed the interpretation of these is not necessarily straightforward.    Also the helmet seems like it might possibly be named to an "H.I. Marks"?   Really appreciate the help!  
    • LE LOUP DES MERS
      Yeah, that's what I thought, I figured it more than likely wasn't true, I know some states don't allow M72 laws, apparently M72 laws are illegal in CA which I'm not surprised. But as far as the federal level goes with cutting a hole into them if it was true there definitely wouldn't be any of the current listings on GB without holes cut in the tube since that's the most watched website by ATF. 
    • Kaptainssurplus
      I had noticed that IMA has been doing that as well. I am 99% sure that is total BS, I believe it is just them doing it for their own reasons. I have not seen any updated BATF rules/regs for what is considered one shot disposable launchers. Reloadable launchers like RPG2/7, bazookas, etc have been that way for as long as I can remember. Those need a hole the size of the bore (or larger) and a bar put in the tube to restrict reloading/firing.   With them cutting up launchers, it will just be a matter of time before people stop buying them. Or they will have to significantly reduce their prices, which we all know they won't. 
  • * While this forum is partially supported by our advertisers, we make no claim nor endorsement of authenticity of the products which these advertisers sell. If you have an issue with any advertiser, please take it up with them and not with the owner or staff of this forum.