USMC,utility uniform + service uniform??

michss

The directed coat worn with service greens is the tanker jacket or the all-weather coat which are both a very light green color.

The M-65 WAS authorized for wear with service uniforms but I think that went out in the early 1990s.

The directed coat worn with service greens is the tanker jacket or the all-weather coat which are both a very light green color.

The M-65 WAS authorized for wear with service uniforms but I think that went out in the early 1990s.

Sorry,I'm afraid you are wrong,this photo was taken on May of this year,the col. is commander of MWB,it's supprising that so far marines still make it available!!!!!!!

So,anyone give more detail about it????

Here's the article with another view of the wearing of the field jacket.

MarineTimes article.

Former Lance Cpl. Chesty XIII was promoted to the rank of corporal today by Col. Andrew H. Smith, the commanding officer of Marine Barracks Washington, during a ceremony at 8th and I.

Cpl. Chesty XIII is the latest in a long line of English bulldogs that have served as the Marine Corps’ official Mascot. His predecessor, Chesty XII, ascended to the rank of sergeant during six years of service despite a spotty disciplinary record. He retired in July of 2008.

Here's the article with another view of the wearing of the field jacket.

MarineTimes article.

Former Lance Cpl. Chesty XIII was promoted to the rank of corporal today by Col. Andrew H. Smith, the commanding officer of Marine Barracks Washington, during a ceremony at 8th and I.

Cpl. Chesty XIII is the latest in a long line of English bulldogs that have served as the Marine Corps’ official Mascot. His predecessor, Chesty XII, ascended to the rank of sergeant during six years of service despite a spotty disciplinary record. He retired in July of 2008.

Yeah,I know it,and anyone give more photos about M65 field jacket with service uniform?????

I think it should be unique style of MWB...

I don't know about the regulations on this particular uniform, but I think it looks terrible. I know that's just my opinion, but I don't think this combination looks good at all.

I never saw any regulations about this but I know in the 70's and early 80's were were occasionally permitted to wear the Field Jacket with the Summer Service C uniform, (short sleeve Khaki shirt and green trousers) depending on the weather. We had no other type of intermediate jacket or wind breaker in our seabags at the time, so I guess they just let the field jacket fill in.

Dennis

teufelhunde.ret
I never saw any regulations about this but I know in the 70's and early 80's were were occasionally permitted to wear the Field Jacket with the Summer Service C uniform, (short sleeve Khaki shirt and green trousers) depending on the weather. We had no other type of intermediate jacket or wind breaker in our seabags at the time, so I guess they just let the field jacket fill in.

Dennis

Ditto that...

This is 8th and I, Marine Barracks. The Field jacket is worn under local commanders discretion when the Marines are doing training type stuff, or when they take the Service 'Alpha' jacket off and are in between ceremonies and such. Not that big of a deal really. And NOT authorized in public, etc. This was not at a ceremony or official 'event', it would have been inside the barracks walls out of public view.

Old Marine is correct, we did the same thing in the 1980's. I can remember wearing Blue 'delta' with Field jacket at Marine Barracks, Annapolis when we had to go from point A to point B in a training enviroment.

The Field jacket is still a local issue item in the USMC inventory at certain commands.

usmc-collector

In September 2010 Leatherneck Magazine was discused photo posted above: bellow you have official statement to the photo provided by Barracks Public aFFAIRS Office.

Jaroslav

post-31-1287783225.jpg

And NOT authorized in public, etc. This was not at a ceremony or official 'event', it would have been inside the barracks walls out of public view.

8th and I Marines regularly train in the Wash Navy Yard, two blocks to the south of the barracks and walk there all the time while wearing the woodland Field Coat. This is on public streets and anybody can see them doing it, so I'm afraid the "not authorized in public" aspect of this is false.

The person in the picture is a Colonel. The last time I was on active duty it was pointed out to me that only general officers could tell a Colonel what to do. It was also pointed out to me that regulations are just a guide for the commander to use if they deem necessary. This was after I had spent 11 years in SAC where SACR was the rule not a guide. I wouldn't tell the Colonel that he was out of reg.

LOL. Whomever is holding 'Chesty' (the dog) will be for sure a LCpl or Cpl. But no way is one of THEM going to say "Hey Colonel these Field jackets are out of reg..."

But if you refer to the Leatherneck bit, it explains it.

I work with these Marines all the time, next time I'm there I'll just flat out ask one of the SNCO's and get the order.

LOL. Whomever is holding 'Chesty' (the dog) will be for sure a LCpl or Cpl. But no way is one of THEM going to say "Hey Colonel these Field jackets are out of reg..."

But if you refer to the Leatherneck bit, it explains it.

I work with these Marines all the time, next time I'm there I'll just flat out ask one of the SNCO's and get the order.

Thank you for your help...