4 wings up for comment

cerick1450

Hello

I picked up a large group from a WW2 PTO Pilot (flew B-25 bombers) .   He was discharged in 1946.    It came from a family friend.  There is way to much to list, but I thought I would start with the wings first.

The first set of three wings are Metal.

1)  Pinback- Marked Gemsco and Sterling

2)  Pinback-Marked Sterling

3)  Unmarked-Clutch back

4)  Uniform Cloth Bullion Wing.

Can anyone identify the maker of the last two metal wings?  Any comments on rarity, etc...

Thank you

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

9.JPG

rathbonemuseum.com

Those are nice wings. Very standard WWII variety. The Gemsco is an early pattern with early findings and probably your top piece. The unmarked two are standard graduation wings, meaning they were issued to graduates as official US insignia and by procurement rules, were not allowed to have maker's marks. They are really common and have no distinctive die patterns to indicate who made them. The last is a nice US made bullion wing.

• 2 months later...
On 6/18/2023 at 5:24 AM, rathbonemuseum.com said:

Those are nice wings. Very standard WWII variety. The Gemsco is an early pattern with early findings and probably your top piece. The unmarked two are standard graduation wings, meaning they were issued to graduates as official US insignia and by procurement rules, were not allowed to have maker's marks. They are really common and have no distinctive die patterns to indicate who made them. The last is a nice US made bullion wing.

Thank for the info. You answered a question I had as well. 
Mikie