Late 1880s Cavalryman's rig

BlueBookGuy

hello,

at last got the ultimate gloves for my character (hoping a suitable mannequinn will pop out sooner or later), they're the last item I still was looking for after finding the rare boots. Private purchase from the very early 1890s, yet the closest thing to the govt.-issued Model 1884 or Model 1889. Just a bit used, very strong and w/ perfect stitching, no holes or scratches, and a surprisingly good size that sure will allow mannequin's hands to go into without the usual concern about seams' strength.

The Indian-style pair of gloves I thought keeping aside for the Cavalryman will get back among the western-related, civilian manufactured items. Still hopeful about a correct sized mannequinn before too long, will see. Riding boots and gauntlets were perhaps the hardest-to -find pieces, thus I'm satisfied anyway.

20230918_103407.jpg.db1a61650cecfe36f90de33516b03c8b.jpg

20230918_103209.jpg.56113f53aa6eecba6458e2f35c9a5666.jpg

20230918_103312.jpg.ae80387ca91270c31c8f7dbbee635cdd.jpg

• 5 months later...
fireman1

WOW!!!!  FanDamTastic!!

Thank you for sharing all this.  I just found the thread and read through all of it.  It was fun to see the progression of your display.

BlueBookGuy
10 hours ago, fireman1 said:

WOW!!!!  FanDamTastic!!

Thank you for sharing all this.  I just found the thread and read through all of it.  It was fun to see the progression of your display.

Thanx Fireman for appreciating!!,

yes it was highs and lows through this lenghty thing but, presently it just needs a suitable mannequinn and nothing more. Hoping to get it shortly, never say never. To next one! 👍