Hand camo’d body armour recent refind !

ArchangelDM

ArchangelDM

I totally forgot I had this,

Its a hand camod body armour Im guessing from the recent war in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Its got a marine green, sand and a set of skulls that has been attached forever.

This is exactly as I got this rig some years ago, I got it here and for the life of me totally forgot I had it.

I think its just an awesome piece,

Especially with that camo added

Any info on it would be appreciated

- Dean

The skulls are a pace counter for keeping track of how far you have walked/ or how far you have to go.

ArchangelDM

The skulls are a pace counter for keeping track of how far you have walked/ or how far you have to go.

Thanks for the info on the skulls, did many people use this type of counter in theatre. Any more info on the rig ?

Usmc ? Army

Thanks

Dean

Sorry, I'm retired Army so can only give you my experience, but with us it was always more of a stateside item. But if it was on there when they deployed to wherever, then they may have used it. Have not seen a vest like that as I thought the marines all wore the coyote brown armour. But if it is early enough during the war, then there was all sorts being made and worn, also some of their more special units/assignments have a lot of freedom to do what they want uniform wise. Hopefully a marine will be able to shed more light on it for you.

ArchangelDM

Sorry, I'm retired Army so can only give you my experience, but with us it was always more of a stateside item. But if it was on there when they deployed to wherever, then they may have used it. Have not seen a vest like that as I thought the marines all wore the coyote brown armour. But if it is early enough during the war, then there was all sorts being made and worn, also some of their more special units/assignments have a lot of freedom to do what they want uniform wise. Hopefully a marine will be able to shed more light on it for you.

Thanyou sir for your service and for the info

Yours

Dean

ArchangelDM

Possibly Special Operations used? MARSOC?

Thankyou for the comments, that would be if special ops. Guessing with the sand camo added on the straps and camo on it, then it was used in theatre. Whats strange is that in the bottom of part of the front there is 2 sharp objects inside that I cant get to. They feel almost like rifle rounds, one of them has 3 edges and a point but with a casing. I cant access them and dont want to cut open the back to get to them, but its almost like they are either 2 rounds that are in a secret compartment or some sort of vile ?

Anyone got any ideas.

Yours

Dean

ArchangelDM

It's a Blackhawk Rhodesian chest rig from around 2010 if I recall correctly.

Thankyou for the info

- Dean

milsurp_scout_14

That front pouch looks to be an AITES (USMC Advanced Integrated Tactical Equipment System) 'triple double' mag pouch--holds 6 30rd mags. The AITES stuff seems less common to run across than other issue USMC gear. I think that system was relatively short-lived, due to something happening to the company (I can't remember what). Nice rig!

ArchangelDM

That front pouch looks to be an AITES (USMC Advanced Integrated Tactical Equipment System) 'triple double' mag pouch--holds 6 30rd mags. The AITES stuff seems less common to run across than other issue USMC gear. I think that system was relatively short-lived, due to something happening to the company (I can't remember what). Nice rig!

Thanks for the kind comments and info -

Yours

Dean