WWII Nurses

dianefessler

dianefessler

I am author of NO TIME FOR FEAR, VOICES OF AMERICAN MILITARY NURSES OF WWII, published by Mich. St. Univ. Press. This contains oral histories of nurses who served overseas in every theater of war, including many of the very first Flight Nurses, POWs, and African-American nurses who served in a segregated army. Over the years I collected more than 100 books by & about nurses, and recently made a list of them. I am not selling books, and most of these are out-of-print, but available through Interlibrary Loan dept. at local & university libraries, as well as Online used book dealers. Many families & researchers have contacted me for information, and often I have referred them to these books. My aunt was an Army nurse in France, and then in Occupied Japan, and her letters to our family were the impetus for writing ny book.

The books refer to the units, and locations where the nurses served. This is the link to the booklist, with Author, Title, then some words about the contents:

https://ww2nurses.wordpress.com/world-war-ii-nurse-books/

The list may be printed or placed online as you wish, and please contact me for more information.

Thank you,

Diane Burke Fessler

[email protected]

I have your book and highly recommend it! This is one of my favorite subjects! Thanks so much for this list. If it is alright with you, I will put a copy of this post in the women's section on the forum so others will be sure to see it.

Kat