Philippine Made Belt Buckles

PhilippineBuckles

easterneagle87
11 hours ago, Salvage Sailor said:

USS CONSERVER (ARS-39) Bolster class Rescue Salvage vessel and Commanding Officers boards

Conserver CO buckle & boards.jpg

Is it possible to get a better shot of the buckle?

Salvage Sailor

Yes, in time, I have it stored somewhere and have to reshoot the photos but it looks a lot like this one from her sister ship the USS RECLAIMER (ARS-42)

USS RECLAIMER (ARS-42) PI Belt Buckle 05.jpg

easterneagle87

In addition to the posts on page 14, #336, #337 & #338 for Harley Davidson P.I. buckles, here's a beaut! Just found the listing on Mercari late last night. 

It really super nice, but unless you've got a real hard spot for these H.D. / P.I. buckles, it is pricey at $215.   Cheers! 

IMG_3877.jpg

IMG_3878.jpg

easterneagle87

I think the HD buckle sold as I don’t see it on Mercari now.  In the interest of transportation, here’s a corvette themed buckle I just found on “the bay”. Got a couple in the works that Ryan bird dogged forms. I’ll post them when they touch down. I did get that Texas Sesquicentennial buckle since it was cheap. Nothing but ovals lately. 

F63486A1-EC91-4B2D-A9E1-C1394ED0373E.jpeg

easterneagle87
On 7/8/2021 at 1:21 PM, easterneagle87 said:

In addition to the posts on page 14, #336, #337 & #338 for Harley Davidson P.I. buckles, here's a beaut! Just found the listing on Mercari late last night. 

It really super nice, but unless you've got a real hard spot for these H.D. / P.I. buckles, it is pricey at $215.   Cheers! 

IMG_3877.jpg

IMG_3878.jpg

this buckle is listed on Etsy,  not  Mercari. No wonder I couldn’t find it again 

easterneagle87

New arrivals in the mail box today.

With thanks from, @vforvictory1945 who bird dogged the San Miguel (my 1st S.M. Beer buckle!) off of Mercari. 

So, I always check "what else you've got for sale" in their listings.... And saw they had an oval USMC listed as well. No brainer, got it too!    

IMG_3889.jpg

USMC Ray.jpg

easterneagle87

Thought I was on track to pick up this USS New Jersey / Yeoman buckle off of OfferUp along with an associated patch from 1988. Turns out the ad was really old and there was no response from the seller , so the order was cancelled. Oh well, I took a shot. 

USS NEW JERSY.jpg

USS NJ Patch 88.jpg

easterneagle87

This one has popped back up on ebay again. Scrolled through the pages and thought it had been posted before. Couldn't find it, so here it is. Listing says 70's, but the Hornet didn't come into deployed service until basically the middle 80's. 

Stacy Hornet.jpg

easterneagle87

Here are two "named" buckles currently on the 'bay' now. ANNETTE G and JACK.

Annette is in a reasonable mixed lot, but Jack is all by himself at a hefty price of $85. 

Annette 3 -1.jpg

Jack.jpg

PhilippineBuckles

Here is a NAS Sigonella UC-12 Lt D.C. Hollingsworth buckle someone picked up on ebay in June...

image.png.9bcae6f512449114945446a1f524fb09.png

PhilippineBuckles

Here is a circa 1945 (based on the clasp shape on the back) USAF buckle that recently sold on ebay.  It is identically to a buckle I bought in 2014.  It will be interesting if one shows up some day with a name engraved on it.  Philippine made USAAF / USAF buckles are pretty uncommon.

265227322735b.jpg.ed59417e426117e8c954e873e80d8938.jpg

easterneagle87
3 minutes ago, PhilippineBuckles said:

Here is a circa 1945 (based on the clasp shape on the back) USAF buckle that recently sold on ebay.  It is identically to a buckle I bought in 2014.  It will be interesting if one shows up some day with a name engraved on it.  Philippine made USAAF / USAF buckles are pretty uncommon.

265227322735b.jpg.ed59417e426117e8c954e873e80d8938.jpg

I saw this buckle and glad it has been included in the discussion. I do have a question though,  Was it carved or stamped? Great symmetry if it was carved.  

PhilippineBuckles

I too have the same question: Engraved or stamped?  One doesn't see any evidence of stamping on the reverse side.  The chrome finish is definitely different than other Philippine buckles.  Perhaps it was engraved/stamped and then chrome plated?  Here is a picture of the buckle I bought in 2014.  Looks identical to me.

171432088076b.jpg.f3082e293f8e718e5e732e194ae1972f.jpg

easterneagle87

Continuing on this topic from page 20 , post #484

So I had saved up my recycling/mad money and bolted to town to get this buckle. As I was chatting with the dealer, he pointed out several other items (plaques) he had on display from the same Navy vet. Bells started ringing in the back of my head after I read a couple of them. I asked him him if he got them from an estate sale several years ago. He looked at me and said, "yes." He had picked up a whole box of stuff on the first day of the sale. I happened to hit the sale on the second and last day and it dawned on me I may have some stuff from that sale as well. Out to the garage and began digging. TA -- DA!!! I found three name tags to put with this buckle! I never knew what I was going to do with the tags, but now they've been re-united, it's a decent group!   

IMG_3909.jpg

IMG_3910.jpg

easterneagle87

Continuing with the theme "San Miguel Beer" posts; page 3, #54 & 55 and my own on page 20, #490. Here is another on on ebay that's listed for awhile. A cut out   

San Miguel Beer 2.jpg

vforvictory1945

Curious if anybody owns this 104 page book by Dan Smith?  I saw it on Ebay and then on his www.navycollector.com website.  Not bad for $28.00 shipped through the website.  It looks pretty interesting and would be cool if there were any PI buckles featured inside its pages.

navy collector.jpg

vforvictory1945

Great PI made Seabees badge on the Navy Collector site.  This is some of the best engraving I've seen to date.  Definitely an exquisite piece!

2544.jpg

vforvictory1945

Bill - Seeing these almost makes me want to look for PI made badges too.  It seems like they're much rarer than the buckles though.  Chris has some good ones.  There should be another thread on the forum somewhere dedicated to the badges (I recall seeing it the other day).

vforvictory1945

Some shuffling and rearranging.  These buckles are so hard to photograph.  Here's the current line up.  There definitely seems to be fewer buckles out there for sale this year.

PI BUCKLES COLLECTION.jpg

PhilippineBuckles

Hi Ryan!  Would you please post a picture of the middle buckle on the second row from the top?  Was it an ebay purchase?

vforvictory1945

Bill - My mistake.  That buckle I purchased from the forum, but actually put it back up on Ebay today.  I paid pretty decent money for it.  The Seabees buckle that was listed today, the 1944 - 1945 James W. Hudson, had me thinking that I would rather have a 1944 dated buckle than this one and was tempted to buy that buckle but the damage has me hesitant.  I believe the one you're asking about is a US Army Quartermaster Corps buckle.  Here's the link to the Ebay auction:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/114909364727.