Philippine Made Belt Buckles

PhilippineBuckles

easterneagle87

Took my elderly mom for a little junking and hit a local haunt. Nothing special just a nice souvenir buckle made for a couple. 

5BDD2309-888E-4038-83C0-785262CF5687.jpeg

easterneagle87

Just cruising the web for buckles and came across these two. Mason Lodge 309 Adak, AK. One with gold accents and one just stainless finish. 

Adak Mason gold 1.jpg

Adak Mason silver 2.jpg

Three USS Hector buckles that came and went on ebay. I already had one Hector buckle, but the face on this one is a bit different. Additionally the same seller offered a USS San Juan as well. All sold.  

USS Hector 1.jpg

USS Hector 2 Nutting.jpg

USS Hector 3 Nutting LT JG.jpg

USS San Juan SSN-75.jpg

I had already posted my USS Hector earlier on this thread, but here are the two for comparison. Mine on Top , the one sold by ebay seller "alexisbuddy" on the Bottom 

IMG_4004.JPG

USS Hector 1.jpg

vforvictory1945

If anybody's interested member Garandomatic has this 1970's PI buckle up for sale.  Hit him up if interested.  He initially contacted me on Instagram about it but thought one of the guys on this thread would want it.

buckle 1.jpg

buckle 2.jpg

PhilippineBuckles

@vforvictory1945 -- Thank you for sharing the buckle Garandomatic put up for sale.  I just bought it from him.  Anyone have an idea of what "21" refers to?  The sailor's age? YAGR Division-21?

@easterneagle87 -- Thank you as always for sharing what you find!  I love the souvenir "We Are One" buckle you found.  I made a deal with the ebay seller for the two ADAK buckles.  

I was searching past auctions on ebay and found this cool one that sold on 3-13-21 Jets Chicks Rock-N-Roll F-14 Tomcat

Picture1.jpg

easterneagle87

Bill, It's been a fun hunt. I got the "Jet's Chicks" buckle. The "We Are One' was truly and oddity and from a shop that I frequent in my local town. You just don't know when they'll pop up, but you sure recognize them when you see them. Glad you got the two Mason ones. I almost need to get another ryker case just to house the non-military buckles I've come across. Here's a personalized one that's been sitting on ebay for a long time.    

Miuke Grasser.jpg

trenchbuff
On 4/15/2021 at 12:26 PM, PhilippineBuckles said:

Totally missed seeing that VADM T.R. Kinnebrew buckle.  That's the first 3-Star I've ever seen.  Thanks for sharing!  Here's a picture from 1985 Source: https://nara.getarchive.net/media/vice-admiral-thomas-r-kinnebrew-usn-covered-f52f92

vice-admiral-thomas-r-kinnebrew-usn-covered-f52f92-1024.jpg

My old boss.  Good guy to work for.

easterneagle87

Here is the most recent arrival to be a guest in my home. I had my fingers crossed that @PhilipinneBuckles wouldn't snag this one too when he picked up the two Mason buckles, due to the fact it was Adak as well. 

Adak AK.jpg

vforvictory1945

Here's a 1970's PI buckle that's been on Ebay for a while and its $29.95 with item number is 273937185598.

s-l1600.jpg

PhilippineBuckles

@vforvictory1945 -- Thanks for posting Chuck Trebino's buckle.  I've been following it in hopes that the seller will eventually lower their price.

@easterneagle87 -- Hey Ben. Nice pickup!  And for just $1.99 + $6 shipping + taxes.  You deserve it for your searching skills.  I would have bid on it if I'd seen it 🙂  Here is a similar one that sold in 2018.  And a Seabee ADAK which I've seen four examples of.

Picture1.jpg

Picture2.jpg

vforvictory1945

Normally I don't collect PI rings but this one is done in a fashion that so closely mirrors the buckles that I bought it and plan to display it on my rack between one of my 1946 and 1947 belt buckles.  The seller was thinking it's silver but its not marked so its possible it is or perhaps its just some sort of base metal like the buckles.  Either way its pretty unique and encompasses the same engraving techniques as the belt buckles of that era.

RING COLLAGE.jpg

easterneagle87

Got the heads up on this one by @vfovictory45

Mat Simon.jpg

and then searched "trench art" and a more pricey one popped up. Heck of a name, John Wayne Bright

Avn Ord John Wayne Bright.jpg

PhilippineBuckles

Just saw this USAF F-15 Eagle buckle that sold on ebay three months ago on Feb 13th.  I wish I had seen it before it sold....  

361645699639a.jpg

vforvictory1945

Not sure if this is PI but even if not the engraving work is pretty great.  Ebay auction # 313527524908.

TIGER 1.jpg

TIGER 2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
vforvictory1945

Here's one that sold on Ebay back in 2017 but I really like the handshake design and layout on it.  Definitely one of my favorites.  I'm guessing its owned by one of the forum guys?

HANDSHAKE.png

PhilippineBuckles

Hey Ryan.  Yes, that buckle is in my collection.  The engraving is very nice.  Here is another "To Dad" buckle from 1945 -- the engraving on this one is less well done but it has the largest engraved "water buffalo" I've seen so far. 

Picture1.jpg

vforvictory1945

Bill - Very cool. 

Another buckle I really like is the one you shared a white back, its the 1945 dated USMC one that is very well engraved with the SSN on the front.  I think that's the only 1940's Marines buckle I've ever seen a picture of.  I'm guessing that one is in your collection as well.  Great buckle!!!

On 5/14/2021 at 12:36 AM, vforvictory1945 said:

Not sure if this is PI but even if not the engraving work is pretty great.  Ebay auction # 313527524908.

TIGER 1.jpg

TIGER 2.jpg

I recently obtained this buckle. I think it could have been made in the Philippines but I don’t know for sure.

I have learned this buckle is from the 425th Tactical Fighter Training Squadron.  They were based at Williams AFB Arizona from 1969 to 1989. This buckle dates from 1973 to 1989 and the squadron trained foreign pilots how to fly the F-5E. 

A very well made buckle.  Thick construction and a true heavy-weight!! One of my favorites. 

BDBCC3E2-A162-416A-A0BF-8B9C984E3E07.jpeg

33631733-0B89-45BC-9693-FABBC6784D74.jpeg

AD7EC84F-C6E3-4B2D-8750-A9AEBB091CD1.jpeg

E98E897F-6610-4A69-931C-37A26F6797CE.jpeg

5141DCF8-D824-488B-8CC1-7A5DFDEBB74F.jpeg

PhilippineBuckles

Chris -- Nice score!  And thanks for sharing the additional photos.  If it was made in the Philippines, it is atypical.  Where ever it was made it is a GREAT buckle!

Ryan -- I've seen two 1945 USMC EGA buckles.  Here they are side by side.  Neither are in my collection...

Picture2.jpg

vforvictory1945

Chris - The engraving is great on your buckle.  It looks even better than on Ebay.

Bill - Wow- Both of those USMC 1945 buckles are amazing.  Those USMC designs are really well laid out and likely done by the same guy.  Both are gems!!!  I wonder who owns them?

Here's an interesting 1960's PI belt buckle that came up on a completed Etsy search.  This is either a motorcycle or auto related rarity and am guessing Chris snagged this one.

WINGED WHEEL 1.jpg

WINGED WHEEL 2.jpg

easterneagle87

Here's a pretty USMC buckle I just found on "the -Bay" , J. P. Henderson, Striking 9th Marines. Nice! but pricey at $99.99, there is a bright side, as there i a "Make an Offer" option. 

USMC JP Henderson 9th.jpg

vforvictory1945

Ebay item number or the above USMC buckle is #274596178392.  It flew under my search radar and is still available.

vforvictory1945

Interesting Guam utility belt with stamping and PI type engraving.  Ebay item # 124744267754.  Pretty cool piece.

guam 1.jpg

guam 2.jpg

guam 3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
easterneagle87

Current listing on ebay, ADAK, ALASKA - SEABEE's, can be yours for a mere $125  

@ PhilippineBuckles posted its brother back in May (page 19). This has more of a silver tone than Bill's with the gold Sea Bee.   

ADAK AK Seabees Sqr.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Salvage Sailor

USS CONSERVER (ARS-39) Bolster class Rescue Salvage vessel and Commanding Officers boards

Conserver CO buckle & boards.jpg