WW2 USN Flight Jacket & missing patch

268th C.A.

First of all I traded for this jacket 25 years ago. Not much invested. It was kind of ratty & I wanted to wear it. So not knowing better at the time I took it to a Leather store that specialized in leather jackets as well a military flight Jackets. Growing up in a Navy town. Norfolk. Well they replaced the waist & wrist bands. With nice new one's. LOL. The original liner was replaced by the original owner. Who I do not know. I do know he was on the USS. Bunker Hill. I did also know he was a Machine gunner on a Dauntless dive bomber. He was in the air when she was hit by Kamikaze's They were able to land on another carrier. The missing patch was obviously round. So I started researching SBD Squadrons on the B.H. The only one that was round, was of the "Top Hatters" So I had our forum member, Johnny Signor make me one. So now I just need to have it sewn on. I have been looking at his outstanding art work of squadron patches. Although this is a simple one by comparison to others, Its still an outstanding job. I thought its still good enough to wear or display.(the jacket) Now I just need a name tag to go on it. Should I pick a random member or just use mine. So Thanks Johnny....here's the patch & Jacket. What do you think?

post-87654-0-94829200-1439434678.jpg

post-87654-0-60081900-1439434709.jpg

Johnny Signor

Hey David , thanks for posting the patch I made for you , looks great on the jacket , but I think it's a little high up , my opinion(may be wrong) but bring it down just a bit and I think it would be about right ...................

Oops I forgot you had said one was removed and you needed the one I made to cover up the older stitching holes .....................

Enjoy and thanks for the order !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phantomfixer

I like the jacket, it has a great hide.... and the work done to it if to be a daily/weekly wear jacket...nothing wrong with replacing knits if the intent is to wear the jacket...patch will look good on it....and after some wear, the patch will look even better...

and agree drop it down a tad...

enjoy