Major Lyman S Frasier WWI DSC/SS/PH and more...

tarbridge

I must have been sleeping at the switch to miss this outstanding group to a brave man from the Big Red "1".

Robert

As always thank you for posting the medals and service of this heroic leader from "The War To End All Wars"

John

Holy cow I wish I'd have found this earlier. Maj. Frasier figures prominently in my new book, Days of Perfect Hell: The US 26th Infantry Regiment in the Meuse-Argonne Offensive, October-November 1918. I used his account of the battle for some portions of my book. I didn't have a photo of him, glad to see it here, thanks for posting!

Pete

Holy cow I wish I'd have found this earlier. Maj. Frasier figures prominently in my new book, Days of Perfect Hell: The US 26th Infantry Regiment in the Meuse-Argonne Offensive, October-November 1918. I used his account of the battle for some portions of my book. I didn't have a photo of him, glad to see it here, thanks for posting!

Pete

Thanks.I just pre-ordered one.

Thank you sir! I received an email today from an Army historian and forum member -- he likes the book very much, hopefully you will, too. Do you know when that photo of Frasier was taken? Is that in 1914? Or Where it was taken?

Pete

O think it was

Thank you sir! I received an email today from an Army historian and forum member -- he likes the book very much, hopefully you will, too. Do you know when that photo of Frasier was taken? Is that in 1914? Or Where it was taken?

Pete

I do think 1914 as the photo is notated.I have a couple more images of him I think.I will have to check his file.

I too will have to purchase a copy Pete's book to read more about this brave man who passed on to be with his fallen comrades at the relatively you age of 60.

Tarbridge, Thanks for posting those other photos. The photo of the regimental officers is in my book -- I received it from the First Division museum in Illinois. Unfortunately, there was no way to know who was who in the photo, except that I could ID Col Roosevelt by sight. I think you and BigJohn will like my book -- a lot of Frasier in there.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Tarbridge, I hope you'll let me know what you think about it (privately, if you don't like it :) )

Pete

Looking good so far...easy read.

• 6 years later...

Old topic, but researching Frasier as I picked up a photo at SoS of the 3rd BN HQ taken in March 1919.

Here a cropped version of that photo: 

img053b.jpg.a1e7d7ff4b1c5c9662d292a22afeb603.jpg\

Great to see his medals are out there and being cared for properly! @tarbridge if you want a high resolution scan of the photo to add to your records/binder shoot me a PM.