? 76th Armored Medical BN ? DI Crest

summersdogs

Hi to all. Have some willy-nilly questions about this crest. The back of the card does indicate 76th Armd Med Bn , so maybe I should accept this, or maybe the card isn't original to the crest ? Hallmark seems to indicate mid-50s to mid 60s. Motto on crest is Inter Lachrymas Micat . Plug this into TIOH and get nothing. Plug in Inter Lachrymas VICAT : voila, 76th Armored Medical Bn. Thinking TIOH's motto is a typo.

I only started out searching around to find a picture of the crest itself; have had no luck. Pretty much know the one that I have here is for the 76th Armored Medical Bn; I was just surprised that there seems to be very little information out there (at least in my out there) on this outfit.

Also, does TIOH correct typos ? (Is there a reward ? ^_^ )

Lynne

post-1405-0-99199200-1412003152.jpg

post-1405-0-85092400-1412003170.jpg

post-1405-0-24937400-1412003254.jpg

Can speak on the motto or crest per say, probably is the 76th Med Bn, TIOH does have typos as I discovered in one recent topic I was involved in. The 76th Medical Battalion (Armored) was a part of the 6th Armored Division in WWII, it no doubt was reactivated in late 1950 along with the rest of the 6th Armd Div at Fort Leonard Wood as Training Division and inactivated with it in early 1956. These dates would jive with the 9M Meyer Hallmark at any rate, one made and worn when the unit was at Leonard Wood after these new manufacturer codes were instituted in 1954 or there abouts.