a2 satan's lady

pablo10

here is a fantastic a2 I use to own from the plane "satans lady"

the wearer was a John s Danna and he was the armourer and gunner (ball turret).

it came with his dog tags/ribbon bars, photos of him and his crew as well as some letters home to his wife and I also was able to get some of his family to id it as well as other family photos I saw at the time that I was the custodian of it.

I parted with it about a year ago to fund another buy, I do miss it and im looking for another a2 with either a Disney character or lady on the back.

sadly this is all the pics I have left of this set as I lost the rest when the computer died.

post-152709-0-02971600-1398246066.jpg

post-152709-0-47006400-1398246077.jpg

it was the 396 squadron.

I knew the guy I sold it to and I also know he has moved it along with 8 other s2s he had but I have no idea where it rests today.

post-152709-0-28801400-1398246780.jpg

post-152709-0-76782500-1398246908.jpg

501stGeronimo

One of our fellow forum members and I were doing a trade on this A-2, apparently by the time he got the A-2, the dogs tags and everything else has been separated from the group.

River Patrol

I'm in possession of this A2 now......it originally came without the dogtags, wing, patches, etc. Thankfully I was able to re-unite everything at SOS this past year.

501stGeronimo

I'm in possession of this A2 now......it originally came without the dogtags, wing, patches, etc. Thankfully I was able to re-unite everything at SOS this past year.

That is awesome!!! I bugged out once I saw what was missing!

River Patrol

It's a looker, for sure!

This A2 changed hands so many times over the past year, it's kinda crazy. Hopefully it'll stay with me for awhile. I like that the original owner was from Harrisburg, PA.......my old hunting grounds.

501stGeronimo

It's a looker, for sure!

This A2 changed hands so many times over the past year, it's kinda crazy. Hopefully it'll stay with me for awhile. I like that the original owner was from Harrisburg, PA.......my old hunting grounds.

Oh yes it did change hands alot! But it is sure a looker! How did you manage to find the rest of it? I was on the hunt for the longest time and couldnt find any of it!

River Patrol

Oh yes it did change hands alot! But it is sure a looker! How did you manage to find the rest of it? I was on the hunt for the longest time and couldnt find any of it!

The owner before me found the items mixed in with other stuff at his house. He was gracious enough to re-unite everything months after I had aquired the jacket.

The owner before me found the items mixed in with other stuff at his house. He was gracious enough to re-unite everything months after I had aquired the jacket.

Great work reuniting everything! Well done!! Looks like a very nice private purchase A-2.

JD

im very pleased to hear its all back together again, I did not know it was broken up-sad to see but a good ending.

its a beauty and at the time I collected Luftwaffe that's why I sold it but ill always be delighted to have been the custodian for a while.

I was lucky enough to have some conversations via email with his son in law and his daughter.

just looking at that ebay listing the 2 x 8patches have been added, they were not part of what I sold, the blue and gold bar and the wings with the props have been added by a seller after me-sorry just so you know some one has added those items. they may be original and some one might have obtained them but they were not with what I sold.

the rest was all with it when I bought it being the photos, dog tags, 4 x bars, their were a few letters home and the wings

I sold it to a guy I knew and he sold it to mtuk who is the ebay listing seller after that I did not know where it went until today.

the family still have the rest of his stuff like full mask sets etc but they wont sell any of it.

congrats on being the owner and you have a stunning a2 and set.

River Patrol

Thanks to everyone for the comments and the help off line with this grouping. The group that came to me had other things added - there was a 9th AF theater made patch --- and other things missing, like the air crew photo, now that I see the original ebay listing of what was offered - oh well.....It's as good as it gets. I'll be custodian for awhile and then move it on when I run out of room - which could be any day, according to the wife's judgement!