Mike Force Air Boat Beret

kammo-man

The book I was talking about is Moc Hoa by Larry Kammholz and it is a very good one. The pictures are not interesting Owen's beret wise. I've been fooled by my memory. There is one with a hovercraft and another one with the airboats parked. That's it.

The picture with the MF troops show them in TS, wearing TS beret with a black square flash with either a Panzer deathhead or the Totenkopf. It's hard to say and the original pic in the book is small.

Sorry about that lads. But Mike did the show with his incredible photos.

Lt. Nelson Garcia Mike Force Airboat commander 26 April 1966 at Cai Cai, Vietnam. Lead boat has just come under fire by an estimated one squad of Vc. Seconds later, Lt. Garcia's boat started receiving fire.

Notice early three prong flash suppressor on his M-16 and tiger stripe camouflage hat.

post-16479-0-02882100-1398447009.jpg

The hat is the Viet tailor shop copy of the windproof pattern.

I gave posted one on my pinned collection page Welcome to camouflage country

Owen

Awesome beret O, pics and hat. great stuff all round. Couple more pics of Air boat stuff out of a grouping named to a Robert A Anspach MIA Sept 1967. Robert Anspach was from the same detachment as Lt Nelson Garcia but was there a few months after him.

Notice 5th MIKE force patches being worn by idigs.

I have posted about him before but didn't have a scanner at the time to scan the pics so here they are a bit bigger.

post-117117-0-24799900-1398783296.jpg

vintageproductions

That's the beret you expect to see these guys wearing, with the Mike Force patch on it.

I showed two former officers that operated with the Mike Force the beret that started this post. After much discussion, I think I should quote one of them about the originality of this beret, "I wouldn't let any of my men put that turd on their head."

kammo-man

sounds like you are pissed because I called out your fake sewing operation .

and it has Viet rank ………not US .

owen

• 1 year later...