VMF-214 patch with a twist

vintageproductions

vintageproductions

Was sorting through a patch collection we recently purchased and found this at the bottom of the box.

Must have been a crew patch from the television show Baa Baa Black Sheep.

I thought it was cool enough to pull out.

214.jpg

Kurt Barickman

Neat item and probably collectible in its own right. What was the guy's name who played Boyington? Same guy from Wild Wild West, correct? Thanks for posting.

Kurt

Neat item and probably collectible in its own right. What was the guy's name who played Boyington? Same guy from Wild Wild West, correct? Thanks for posting.

Kurt

Robert Conrad ......... I too watched the show as a kid. Never missed it. Friday Nights if I recall.

Cool Patch.

Nice item, remember the show well. This got me thinking of another fictional aviation related series from about the same period that I liked even better. "Tales of the Golden Monkey". Had someone who was supposed to be an ex- flying tiger, set in the south pacific if I recall. Really enjoyed that show even though it was a bit schmaltzy.

Cool patch! Thanks for showing it. Loved the show as a kid as well and really got me into ww2 aviation. Now all these years later, I'm fortunate enough to have some real 214 items in my collection.

JD