FURY

kammo-man

Indeed Driver, I read all of Paul Fussell's books, and I consider "Wartime" to be essential for a wide understanding of the war. He does not condemn the reasons WWII was fought for, while at the same time he explains how the Allies had to sacrifice their own principles and values to win the war. The point is that one side had good moral values, the other didn't, one side did all the killing to stop a greater harm, the other thrived in it.

You want (allegedly) original "Fury" stuff? Then scroll through these listings...and get your cheque-books out! ( BTW...I have no affiliation with this seller. It's just a heads-up)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/ukreenactors2003/m.html?item=390961964893&hash=item5b0726275d&pt=UK_Collectables_Militaria_LE&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Owen, Bob, Juan - did any of Brad Pitt's Tankers Jackets have non-wool patches on them....? If not, then the jacket that the guy in Ian's post above is selling certainly isn't right.... ;)

Owen, Bob, Juan - did any of Brad Pitt's Tankers Jackets have non-wool patches on them....? If not, then the jacket that the guy in Ian's post above is selling certainly isn't right.... ;)

Not to my knowledge, but perhaps Owen may know better. As far as I know all of the patches for Wardaddy had the woolie blanket fabric edge. It is difficult to tell because the photos are fuzzy grain. (Perhaps on purpose! One must be very cautious.) It is very possible that some of the Stunt double jackets may have the non-woolie patches since they were not held to as high continuity standard as the hero jackets.

For those wanting authentication. The jackets we supplied were slick and new. The costume dept aged and distressed all the jackets once they were delivered. No jackets from ANY vendor were supplied to the film in distressed condition. All of the jackets WE MADE had our version of the quartermaster tag indicating size 40 just below the collar as in authentic fashion. Also the jackets we made had woven company labels on the inside of the right patch pocket. They might still be there. If not and they were cut, you will find a combination of green, black, and white woven label fabric fibers underneath the top hem of the patch pocket. The initial jackets delivered were made with NOS zippers with cotton tape. The balance of Wardaddy jackets ordered by the film have nickel plated talon zippers with nylon tape. The lining of the Wardaddy jacket had wool barathea weave fabric in the body, and the sleeves were line with jacket cotton twill. The 100% wool yarn of the knitting was dyed in a shade that nearly matches the color of the cotton twill shell fabric. All other jackets for the remainder of the cast were our standard style tankers right off our shelf.

Posted on the G503 forum a collection of photos of the Costume Tent on the set of FURY. You will find a great photo of some of Wardaddy's and others jackets when you scroll to the bottom. Here's the link http://g503.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=196839

I know how tough it can be for folks wanting authentication and it's very dissapointing when dealers misrepresent themselves. Any questions about what WE supplied can be directed to [email protected]

BEST JOB I EVER HAD!!!

Also Owen did repairs to the jacket. The on screen one has definately sewing repairs incorporated. YOU will see uis s in the close ups.There is one obvious one near the shoulder holster strap on the left shoulder area....its all in the details.lol

just saw this movie and on the whole, I was impressed. Lets not forget this was a work of fiction, partially inspired by and based upon historical events, but a work of fiction nonetheless. I think overall this movie really showcased some stark realities of war not brought up on film before... ever. Watching the film I felt as though I could smell the stench of the grease cordite and sweat. Did anyone notice the teeth? The fingernails? THAT is the reality of war put on film gents. Pure filth, not as someone else so appropriately put it the "John Wayne Colgate" look. If only for that I think this movie really raised the bar for future endeavors. We could go on and on about the ending and while I will agree it was a little over the top, I was way more bothered by the ending of some films with more root in fact like say, We Were Soldiers or Enemy At The Gates. At least they're not jazzing up or omitting true life events here. I've come to accept that Hollywood simply cannot end war movies decently about 90% of the time, It comes with the territory. On the other hand I will say I thought the profanity was a tad overdone, my grandfather always told me they swore too much in the movies. Then again "doggone" "hell" and "damn" don't really get the point across these days but all in all I thought it was a pretty good film. I can see past it's faults and I'll definitely buy this film when it's released on video and personally I'm way more excited to see whats following in the wake of Fury.

Wish I'd known of this earlier, I scored one of those production baseball caps on eBay and paid more than a little more for it than this vendor has the same item. Oh well, they'll all be worth a lot more after they'd dried up, right?

Not a lot of stuff from the film being offered for sale right now, just a slow trickle. Can I expect more of it to show up eventually somewhere for sale? I have a few props and cosutme parts from various war movies, would like an item or two from Fury to round that out...

I wonder if any of the stars got to keep a few things from the movie?!.......mike

I've always wondered why so many actors never keep anything from their time on a show or a film. Most couldn't care less for those things. I know Aaron Douglas who played 'Chief Tyrol' on the Battlestar Galactica reboot kept a set of his BDUs as I've seen him wearing them. But other than that, i can't think of anyone who's done that.

I'd negotiated to provide a lot of set assitance for a relatively big-budget WW2 movie that never went anywhere and in my contract (which now isn't worth the paper its printed on), I was going to get transportation to and from the set during filming, a daily pay rate and a walk on non-speaking part in the scene they wanted me to work on for them. I was also to keep anything I wore in that scene once the filming was done. Would have been sweet had it not been killed, as the portion I would have worked on couldn't have been easily cut as it was a huge portion of the plot line.

Shia took and wears his jacket.

I assume he hasn't laundered it?

But seriously, I guess most actors aren't collectors, but if I'd been an actor in a film like that, I'd have on my contract that I get to walk away with everything I'm wearing and holding when they call, "Cut!" for the final time.

I've heard Dan Ackroyd is a fan of uniforms among other things (I've also heard he collects old typewriters and owns at least one RR car) so I wouldn't be shocked if he wanted to keep his Navy uniform from "Pearl Harbor" or his WW1 officer's uniform from the "Tales from the Crypt" WW2 episode he did a few years back...

Heads up everyone.

Sunday night on the Smithsonian Channel will be showing a making of FURY........

Sorry I dont know what times but this info is according to Rob L who shot the special.

owen

Dirt Detective

Heads up everyone.

Sunday night on the Smithsonian Channel will be showing a making of FURY........

Sorry I dont know what times but this info is according to Rob L who shot the special.

owen

Great news Owen..thanks for the heads up.

Dirt Detective

Heads up everyone.

owen

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/10/29/smithsonian-goes-behind-the-scenes-of-fury-in-special-tanks-of-fury-airing-premiering-sunday-november-9/320948/

9 PM for me here in L.A. Time Warner Ch 131

The only genuinely authentic critic.

No need for a German army history lesson but actual truth about the final days and their capabilities.

What tanks were really like.

Still haven't seen it but can't wait.

Jan Peter van Wouw-Koeleman